PDA

View Full Version : Creeker Visit

Tom Hamilton
04-23-2011, 7:42 PM
Lee Koepke came for a shop visit and turning session today. Lee brought two beautiful pieces of maple that he had been gifted. His purpose was to turn one into a bowl for the donor and his lathe would not accomodate the 13" diameter.

Lee selected one of the blanks and soon had shavings flying.

We had a great time and sent him home with a rough turned blank for his friend. He's going to give it a DNA bath and we'll finish turn it in a few weeks.

I'm guessing Lee will be along with his version of events before too long. As usual a great day with a fellow Creeker/turner. Never been disappointed in meeting and being with either.

Happy Easter to All,

Tom

John Hart
04-23-2011, 8:35 PM
Nice shots and a cool visit.
Good times. :)

Roger Chandler
04-23-2011, 8:37 PM
Great day for you both! Glad you could get some shavings in the air and on the floor..........nice wood also!

Lee Koepke
04-23-2011, 8:47 PM
Thanks for getting me started Tom! Really enjoyed the visit! I learned alot ... like a PM is exponentially more powerful/versatile than my Rikon Mini .... a real bowl gouge is better than my starter set ...

The blank is in a garbage bag, soaking for a day or two, the inside of that blank is better than expected and I cant wait to finish that up. Tom's a great guy and a shop thats cleaner and more organized than mine!!!

Hope ya'll have a Happy Easter as well!

John Keeton
04-23-2011, 8:53 PM
That had to be fun!! Great pics and sounds like a great time. Lee, you are quickly becoming a proficient turner.

Ken Fitzgerald
04-23-2011, 8:58 PM
Congrats! Creeker visits are fun.

I meet Tom in Pearland, TX a few years ago. He is, indeed, a nice guy!

Lee Koepke
04-23-2011, 9:00 PM
That had to be fun!! Great pics and sounds like a great time. Lee, you are quickly becoming a proficient turner.
I am also fixin to learn how to repair a nasty catch!!!

The PM is a very nice machine ...

Jon Prouty
04-23-2011, 10:01 PM
I am also fixin to learn how to repair a nasty catch!!!

I hear the sounds of a new lathe being ordered very shortly.... :)

Jon

Steve Schlumpf
04-23-2011, 10:33 PM
I learned alot ... like a PM is exponentially more powerful/versatile than my Rikon Mini ....

I hear the sounds of a new lathe being ordered very shortly.... :)

Jon

I agree with Jon... sounds like someone got bit bad by a bigger lathe! Looks like you both had a fun day! Looking forward to seeing the bowl once completed! Also looking forward to seeing photos of your new lathe!

Bernie Weishapl
04-24-2011, 12:31 AM
Creeker visits are great. I agree someone has it bad for a bigger lathe. Looks like a lot of fun and a lot of learning went on.

Dan Forman
04-24-2011, 3:16 AM
Sounds like a fine time was had by all. Looking forward to seeing the bowl.

Dan

bob svoboda
04-24-2011, 11:54 AM
Sounds like a great visit. Welcome in advance to Club Mustard!

David E Keller
04-24-2011, 2:26 PM
I can still see the Powermatic syringe hanging out of your arm, Lee! Looks like Tom has started converting another...