PDA

View Full Version : Horizontal Pen displays

Tim Neal
04-23-2011, 2:35 PM
I saw a post a while ago where someone laser cut these neat horizontal single pen stands out of acrylic. I'm not positive it was here. I'm purhasing a glass case for displaying pens and these acrylic stands would be perfect. Anyone seen the post i'm referring to? Thanks.

Tim

Chuck Stone
04-23-2011, 4:46 PM
I don't recall seeing them here (but I might have missed it) But I do remember seeing some
basic acrylic pen stands.. seems like it was just a bottom plate, perhaps 1x6? and a couple
of welded stands. Maybe make a 1x2, cut a 3/4" hole in the center, then cut them in half
right through the hole? Plastic weld those standing up on the base. Just a guess.

On IAP there's someone selling acrylic stands, but they slant at 45 degrees. Not so great
for a horizontal display case, but fine for a vertical case..

Greg Bednar
04-23-2011, 5:28 PM
This is a simple one that should get you going. It's saved in version 12

Tim Neal
04-23-2011, 10:49 PM
I don't recall seeing them here (but I might have missed it) But I do remember seeing some
basic acrylic pen stands.. seems like it was just a bottom plate, perhaps 1x6? and a couple
of welded stands. Maybe make a 1x2, cut a 3/4" hole in the center, then cut them in half
right through the hole? Plastic weld those standing up on the base. Just a guess.

On IAP there's someone selling acrylic stands, but they slant at 45 degrees. Not so great
for a horizontal display case, but fine for a vertical case..

Thanks for the suggestion...I may do something alopng those lines. I have plenty of the angled stands you mentioned, as you guessed they wont work for what I'm looking for.

Tim Neal
04-23-2011, 10:53 PM
This is a simple one that should get you going. It's saved in version 12

Great!...this will work. I just need to order some 1/4" acrylic. Thanks a lot.

Tim

Greg Bednar
04-24-2011, 1:14 PM
Great!...this will work. I just need to order some 1/4" acrylic. Thanks a lot.

Tim

You're welcome.