PDA

View Full Version : Parts Help Needed

Noah Barfield
04-22-2011, 11:08 PM
Hi all,

I was recently given a Sears Craftsman Lathe (Model No. 113.228160) along with an assortment of turning chisels. At first, I thought I was getting a rusted hunk o' junk, but with Naval Jelly, a green scrub pad, and Johnson's Paste Wax, I now have a shiny spiffy new (to me) lathe. However, it's missing a key part.

I'm the third owner (the first is deceased), so getting my hands on the original part is no longer an option. The first owner removed the tool rest bracket in order to put on a copy crafter.

Where can I find a replacement tool rest bracket (the part that attaches to the bed). I have the tool rest itself and the tool rest base, but not the bracket.

I did call Sears, but as this model is no longer made, they can't help me.

Aside from combing e-bay, is there another source for parts?

Noah

Curt Fuller
04-22-2011, 11:16 PM
Noah, I just googled that model number and it looks like the old version of what Ridgid now makes. If you could measure the diameter of the tube on your old lathe and go to a Home Depot store and compare that to the new version Ridgid makes and if they're the same I'm sure you can buy replacement parts for the Ridgid that would work. http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/WL1200-Wood-Lathe/EN/index.htm

Or even better.....
http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/Craftsman-Parts/Lathe-Parts/Model-113228160/0247/0728000?pathTaken=&prst=0&shdMod=113228160

Roy Turbett
04-22-2011, 11:20 PM
Try OWWM.com. These guys are into rebuilding old woodworking machines and there is a section on the website for members called BOYD (Bring out your dead) where you can post a WTB message. They also have a reprints section where you may be able to find a copy of your owners manual if you don't have one.

Steve Bistritz
04-22-2011, 11:31 PM
Try OWWM.com. These guys are into rebuilding old woodworking machines and there is a section on the website for members called BOYD (Bring out your dead) where you can post a WTB message. They also have a reprints section where you may be able to find a copy of your owners manual if you don't have one.
I would like to point out that you have to register ( its free) to be able to see BOYD...but this is the best place besides fleabay to find what you are looking for...I have found alot of parts there.

Noah Barfield
04-22-2011, 11:53 PM
Thanks everyone! I checked the searspartsdirect website, but this particular part is no longer being made. I'll give owwm.com a try.

Noah

Dennis Simmons
04-23-2011, 7:52 AM
I have one that needs a home. I will send you a PM,about the part. I just modified my lathe and do not need that part.

jeff schnell
05-05-2011, 8:05 PM
I have the single tube lathe that I'm throwing out and if need any parts from it just email me.

Keith E Byrd
05-05-2011, 8:14 PM
Noah where are you - I will have to check the model number to make sure but I think that is the lathe I have that blew the headstock bearing housing. IF i ts the same you can have it.

Noah Barfield
05-05-2011, 9:13 PM
Thanks guys!