PDA

View Full Version : DeWalt Tool Survey

Steve Kohn
04-22-2011, 5:06 PM
I just got an email claiming to be from DeWalt. Before I respond I wanted to know if this is for real or some sort of scam? Has anyone else gotten this and have they responded?

The email said, "DEWALT wants to know what you think about your current tools.

The Product Development Team here at DEWALT is planning on conducting a research project in your area with power tool users like yourself to better understand their power tool usage and routines. For this specific project, we would like to find a group of users who would be willing to have a member of the DEWALT Product Development Team visit them and spend about 30 minutes showing them how they use their tools.

If you would like to participate in this research project, please complete the survey by clicking the link below. We know that your time is valuable and for that you will receive a gift valued at $50 if chosen to participate. Thank you for sharing your feedback!

Sincerely,

DEWALT Marketing Research Team"

Matt Day
04-22-2011, 5:14 PM
It sounds a little fishy, did it at least look legit? There's a thread on it on contractors's forum but I can't seem to access the page - search for "Dewalt Tool Survey Email" and it will come up.

Have you ever given the your email address before?

Joe Angrisani
04-22-2011, 5:37 PM
I think I see P. T. Barnum over there......

Myk Rian
04-22-2011, 9:10 PM
Is there a clickable link in the e-mail? When you mouse over it, what is the URL in the lower left of the browser?

mickey cassiba
04-22-2011, 9:11 PM
I maintain a very close relationship with DeWalt in my tool repair backyard business...they've never surveyed me. I'd be careful.

Don Alexander
04-22-2011, 9:14 PM
how did they get your email address? if its legit you would have had to have given it to them recently

since you are asking about it i would say that you should definitely treat it as suspect and delete it ASAP

Victor Robinson
04-23-2011, 5:00 AM
What is the email address of the sender?