PDA

View Full Version : Lie-Nielsen show

Steve Jenkins
04-21-2011, 9:17 PM
If this is not appropriate delete it.
On Friday the 29th and Sat. 30th there will be show/demo in Dallas at "Wood World" put on by Lie-Nielsen. For info go to their website. Here is a short blurb I was given.

What to Expect Friday and Saturday. This is a wonderful opportunity to try a wide array of hand tools and learn how great tools make your woodworking easier! Ongoing demonstrations at interactive stations will help you learn valuable techniques. Ask questions of guest demonstrators and learn from some of the most skilled in the industry. This is a hands-on event. Lie-Nielsen hand tools are available for purchase! For more information click www.lie-nielsen.com. The show hours are Friday 10:00 to 6:00pm and Saturday 10:00 am to 5:00pm.

I'm not associated with them just thought it worth mentioning.

Stephen Cherry
04-21-2011, 11:03 PM
These shows are great. One thing to remember about hand planes, etc is that sharpening is an integral part of using the tool. I've bought several planes from the shows at Exotic lumber in MD. Each time I expressed an interest in a tool, one of the LN reps would get the tool, sharpen it, and show me how they would use it. Then you get your turn. If you are new to planes, the sharpening can be a little bit of a hurdle, and attending one of these shows will take that obsticla away. The big advantage is that you get to try before you buy.

Don Morris
04-21-2011, 11:51 PM
I've also been to the show at Exotic Lumber. The last time, I had LN show me how to use one of their handplanes I wasn't using right. This time, I'm bringing one with some "rust" spots that just don't seem to want to clean up easily. Want to see if there's an easier/better/ way to keep them from getting that way. I'm not a neander type but sometimes handplanes are the way to go. I have several LN handplanes and treasure each one.

Chuck Saunders
04-22-2011, 8:39 AM
We host the Lie-Nielsen show at our Guild in Kansas City. In addition to the two days of the show, they provide us with a private program for the membership the day before. It is great to see and use the full line of their tools and ask any questions about the care and use of their tools. If you get the chance to visit the LN show by all means make the effort, you will be glad you did.

Steve Jenkins
04-22-2011, 8:56 AM
They are providing a private program on Thursday night from 7-9 for members of the North Tx Woodworkers Assoc.
I didn't think but since these posts remain for a long time this is all happening in April 2011.
We host the Lie-Nielsen show at our Guild in Kansas City. In addition to the two days of the show, they provide us with a private program for the membership the day before. It is great to see and use the full line of their tools and ask any questions about the care and use of their tools. If you get the chance to visit the LN show by all means make the effort, you will be glad you did.

Bill Huber
04-22-2011, 9:13 AM
Thanks Steve, I may try and go. That is a long way over there about 55 miles and 635 is always a big back up.

Kent A Bathurst
04-22-2011, 9:39 AM
Take money. Lots. Resistance is futile.