PDA

View Full Version : Company Logo :)

Levi Durston
04-21-2011, 8:23 PM
So... though I am only 17 and won't be starting my company officially for a couple years I decided to get my buddy to make me a logo and in a couple hours he got back to me with this :) I thought it was cool how he, without me mentioning it made the planed part of the board smooth and the rest rough :)

I'm hoping to make this into a branding iron at some point, but it's a start :) I thought I would share it with you all and see what you thought! enjoy!

Jim O'Dell
04-21-2011, 8:46 PM
Nice! Your buddy did a good job. Jim.

Peter Pedisich
04-21-2011, 9:08 PM
Levi,

Its a great start, in fact I think it's done!
I like the way the 'H' and 'A' climb up on the 'made'...nice detail without being over-designed.
Good thing you are starting at a young age, gives you more time to gather quality tools.

Good Luck!

Pete

Bruce Page
04-21-2011, 9:27 PM
Classy logo.
I'd call that a done deal!

Don Jarvie
04-21-2011, 10:07 PM
Nice logo, if thats going to be the name of the company look into getting a internet domain name for it.

I've been looking to it myself and it seems pretty cheap at 5 bucks a year or so. Just something to think about.

Chip Lindley
04-21-2011, 11:03 PM
Excellent LOGO Levi! It never hurts to think ahead! Find you niche' for a woodworking product that sells, start small, and work your way upward! Divine Inspiration is always appreciated. May your woodworking venture be very Blessed.
~Chip~

Steve LaFara
04-21-2011, 11:44 PM
Nice artwork but I'm curious what the business model is? Are you making tools or wood products?

Levi Durston
04-22-2011, 1:56 AM
Nice artwork but I'm curious what the business model is? Are you making tools or wood products?

Well as it is I'm looking at starting a custom cabinetry and built-ins business. So that will be my main points of interest. :)

By the way, I'm glad you all like it! oh! and I also registered the name a few months ago, But thank you for the heads up!

Rob Wong
04-22-2011, 4:26 AM
Levi, I am a graphic artist and I think the logo is awesome. A lot of times people tend to make their logos too fancy because they have these computer graphic programs that can do all sorts of things that they need to show all of it in every piece of artwork they create. Yours is simple and clean and can be viewed in printed material in large or small size and in black and white or color. Nice job.

Rob

Chris Tsutsui
04-22-2011, 3:29 PM
I'm also a graphic artist and I think it's great. I have some suggestions that may or may not work, I wouldn't know unless it was done to it or not. This is all just subjective observations of me pretending to be like one of my anal college professors:

1. I know the shavings are cute but I feel it has too much detail. Simplify the logo plane so that if it were shrunk down to be the size of a penny, then the logo will still look good. If this logo were to be the size of a penny then the shavings wouldn't really be distinguishable.

2. I wouldn't display a logo with a textured background for in order to see the logo for what it is, have it just black and white. Then you can add a wood background if it becomes a branding iron etc... Understand that a branding iron may not be able to become fabricated to show all the fine detail.

3. Don't modify the letter "A", centralize the "made for" and adjust kerning and font size to fit. I typically don't like to distort typography though in this case it seems like it's working ok.

4. There isn't any clever irony or relationship between the words and the logo. It looks like a technically well executed design made on a computer... It's not hand drawn, hand made, like the words talk about.

5. "hands made for wood" works great for me

6. I would look at typography that originate from hand chiseled serifs. This will have a subtle relationship with "hand made" for the serifs on the font chosen were "Hand made" at the time the font was designed.

Tell your graphic artist friend to keep up the good work, and good luck with your new business!