PDA

View Full Version : May I have a tiny gloat?

Richard Kennedy UK
04-21-2011, 6:13 PM
After ordering her 4 months ago Ginger finally arrives! I think the sea journey has upset her though as she seems to have lost all her colour!

Would have been nice to have an allan key included in the box but I have good neighbours!

192341 Will be switching her on for the first time tomorrow!

Chip Sutherland
04-21-2011, 6:20 PM
Tomorrow????? Sleep is optional.

Dick Wilson
04-21-2011, 6:54 PM
Oh my, the foot is healing and the new lathe has arrived. Let the chips fly!!!!!!!!

Ken Fitzgerald
04-21-2011, 6:59 PM
Far from a tiny gloat....... Congrats!

Steve Schlumpf
04-21-2011, 7:06 PM
WOW - what a great birthday present! Have fun with it Richard!

Jeff Fagen
04-21-2011, 7:10 PM
What's up with that,no mustard?

Dan Forman
04-21-2011, 7:51 PM
Did you get the rest of it too? Congrats, the long wait will be worth it.

Dan

Donny Lawson
04-21-2011, 7:51 PM
Congrats and enjoy.

Baxter Smith
04-21-2011, 8:53 PM
Not too shabby!

David E Keller
04-21-2011, 9:15 PM
What's up with that,no mustard?

British food tends to be bland at times I'm told, so this must be British mustard.:D

Congrats on the new toy!

John Keeton
04-21-2011, 9:18 PM
Did you get the rest of it too? Congrats, the long wait will be worth it.

DanHope the rest of it isn't on another boat!!!

Congrats, Richard! I know you have been waiting on this awhile, and hopefully you will get it up and running is short order. I predict great things with this one - but, question - how many lathes does this make you?? Seems I recall at least two in as many locations.

Roland Martin
04-22-2011, 9:04 AM
Very nice gloat, I don't know about "tiny" though. I've never seen a mustard Jet, a British model:confused::confused: Congratulations!

philip labre
04-22-2011, 9:27 AM
As long as you waited, you can definitely gloat. It's wild seeing it dressed up in Jet colors. Thanks for posting that pic.

Richard Kennedy UK
04-22-2011, 7:49 PM
Hope the rest of it isn't on another boat!!!

Congrats, Richard! I know you have been waiting on this awhile, and hopefully you will get it up and running is short order. I predict great things with this one - but, question - how many lathes does this make you?? Seems I recall at least two in as many locations.

John no the rest of it is here I shuffled the contents of my workshop to the left so it would all fit in. Bolted it together (they might have included the allan key) levelled her, switched her on and started hogging out wood fabulous! Tomorrow I might tidy the left side of my shed but whilst I can climb over stuff and get to the tool rest I think I might just make shavings! as for my collection, its not as bad as you make out I have 4 lathes at the mo the 3520B the VB a mini lathe (axminster) and the old record cl3 split over two workshops the mini lathe is heading over to keep the VB company as the Jet does both spindle and faceplate stuff the record we will have to see someone asked about buying it but I am a horder and since it was my first lathe I kind of want to keep it daft I know but.....

British food tends to be bland at times I'm told, so this must be British mustard.:D

Congrats on the new toy!

David British food isn't all bland trust me its just there is a lot of poor food about but like everywhere if you know where to go you can find fantastic food! Ginger is mustard only in name but she still packs an impressive punch!

Thanks everyone for your comments I will post more photos when I finish making something!