PDA

View Full Version : Need source for pen/pencil desk stand...

Tim Neal
04-21-2011, 4:12 PM
I'm making a custom pen & pencil set for a friend who will be giving it as a gift. I need a desk stand to hold the set, and that I will be engraving a logo on. I'm trying to keep the cost down, so I'm opting to buy, rather than custom make a stand. Anyone know a good source for these? I did find some by web searching but they all had small diameter funnels that would only accept a skinny pen. The pen/pencil set i'm making are medium thinkness. Thanks.

Tim

Martin Boekers
04-21-2011, 6:17 PM
Check with Rockler, Woodcraft or PennState Inds the may have funnels for larger pens.

What I do is drill a hole in the wood for the pen to fit. They sell rings to fit the holes to dress it up a bit.

Chuck Stone
04-21-2011, 7:43 PM
I'm not aware of anyone who has funnels larger than a slimline. But if you find them, let
me know. I know they must be out there and I hate slimlines..

Tim Neal
04-21-2011, 9:48 PM
Check with Rockler, Woodcraft or PennState Inds the may have funnels for larger pens.

What I do is drill a hole in the wood for the pen to fit. They sell rings to fit the holes to dress it up a bit.

I had already checked them all...they don't have anything that fits larger pens. What's the source for the rings you mentioned...I'd like to see if that will work for me. Thanks.