PDA

View Full Version : X and Y alignment

Annette Plamondon
04-21-2011, 2:47 PM
When using my laser engraver, there seems to be some alignment problems when I am trying to engraving on a pre-cut piece of something. If I have a 3" x 1" piece of plastic and I set up a design that size, after engraving the logo for image does not appear to be centered on that piece of plastic. I checked my manual about how to check it and I didn't find anything. There was only information about changing the auto focus.

I am using the LS100Ex Gravograph CO2 laser engraver

THANKS!

Ross Moshinsky
04-21-2011, 2:53 PM
Take out a piece of material. 6"x6" is probably a good size. Draw a .5" grid. Laser the grid. Are the lines right or wrong? Logos, text, ect can trick the eye or the software.

Larry Bratton
04-21-2011, 3:50 PM
Also, one thing to check is the accuracy of your home position. If you find that your square as suggested by Ross is off, then adjust your home position. I do not know your machine, but on an Epilog machine it can be adjusted via the keypad. I had a similar problem and I worked with it via testing,measuring with a caliper and adjusting until I finally got it perfect.

Mike Mackenzie
04-21-2011, 7:40 PM
If this is a scanned logo there is probably white space around the logo and this is what it is centering with try drawing a box around the perimeter of the logo only the area you want centered width and height. Now select that box and your rectangle and center them. Then you would be able to see where the logo should be and correct it. If its correct in the software then its a issue with the system.

Thats my guess.