PDA

View Full Version : I need some big graph paper.

John Pollman
02-01-2005, 10:04 PM
Hi everybody !

Has anyone out there ever seen 10 square per inch graph paper in an 11x17 size ? I've got a BIG basement project that I'm getting ready to bid and it's a pretty complicated job. I've got to lay out a suspended ceiling for the majority of a huge walkout basement and I think some large sheets of graph paper would make my life a lot easier. I'll check the local office supply stores around here tomorrow but I just don't remember ever seeing graph paper in the larger sizes. I guess if it comes down to it I could just tape two standard sheets together but a single sheet would be nice.

Thanks for any input you can provide.

John

Roger Myers
02-01-2005, 10:21 PM
Another possibility is to print out the grid that you need on a plotter at the office supply shop (staples, etc.)
Design the grid on the computer...print out on their plotter....

John Pollman
02-01-2005, 10:30 PM
Hey, now there's an idea !

Thanks I never thought of that. If I dont' find some that may just work out really well. I've got the rough dimensions of the rooms that I'm going to use to calculate the amount of materials I'll need for the job. But I always like to have an accurate layout done before I start a suspended ceiling. I was trying to draw it out and take measurements when I was there this evening but it was just too tough to do freehand. It's gotta be to scale and if I just had a grid to work from I could just do one wall at a time and that'll make it much easier.

Thanks again !

John

Pat Monahan
02-02-2005, 2:25 AM
John
If you can't find larger graph paper at office supply places, check the yellow pages for drafting supplies - maybe they can help.
Pat

Tony Falotico
02-02-2005, 6:02 AM
They use to sell it in 24" and 36" rolls, but that was before CAD and Computers. Check a good office supply that carries drafting supplies, not sure if the box stores (OD or Staples) will have it.

Glenn Clabo
02-02-2005, 6:23 AM
Print it out here John ...
http://www.incompetech.com/beta/plainGraphPaper/11x17.html

John Pollman
02-02-2005, 7:29 AM
Thanks guys.

I was thinking office supply, but I hadn't even thought about a drafting supply place. We actually have a pretty good drafting supply place not too far from me. I'll give them a call when they open and see what they have. With the advent of computers and CAD, drafting supply houses are getting few and far between.

Keith Cope
02-02-2005, 7:42 AM
John,

You might also try the drafting supply company Dataprint--they have 22" x 50' rolls.

Keith

Jeff Sudmeier
02-02-2005, 9:44 AM
John,

You might also try the drafting supply company Dataprint--they have 22" x 50' rolls.

Keith

We used to use that huge drafting paper in school, it was great! You could really get an idea of what you wanted to do at the larger scale.

Ralph Barhorst
02-03-2005, 9:10 AM
Print it out here John ...
http://www.incompetech.com/beta/plainGraphPaper/11x17.html
Thanks Glenn,

I tried this out and it works great. I have an HP printer that handles 13 x 19 paper and I printed out some of the large graph sheets. They are really nice.

J E (Jim) Martin
03-05-2005, 9:31 AM
http://www.marquis-soft.com/ (Graph paper program, freeware)