PDA

View Full Version : Craftsman router bit identification

Joe Ruszczyk
02-01-2005, 5:46 PM
I am in the process of redoing my work shop. This afternoon while cleaning out the bottom shelf on one of my benches I found a plastic box full of old Craftsman router bits that belonged to my father-in-law http://www.bt3central.com/forum/icon_smile.gif! Some of these bits have to be 30 years old! What I am trying to find is a listing of the function of router bits by their part numbers. Does anyone know where I can look up the part number and learn what the bits was used for? I checked at Craftsman.com and don't find any of these specific bits listed, some close numbers but none that I have! Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Ken Fitzgerald
02-01-2005, 6:12 PM
Joe, I happen to have an old craftsman router bit "catalogue" probably 25 or more years old. Post one of the numbers and I look it up in the list. If it's there, I'll scan in the list and email it to you.

Joe Ruszczyk
02-01-2005, 6:19 PM
Ken,

Thanks so much for your help! Two of the bits that I am really interested in knowing about are Craftsman #s 9-25567 and 9-25545! This second one is a double pointed unit with 45 and 60 degree markings on the shaft.

I appreciate your assistance in solving this puzzle!

Ken Fitzgerald
02-01-2005, 6:40 PM
Joe...the 9-25545 is a double ended vee carving bit...as you said 45* on one end and 60* on the other.

Both of these are not listed separately but I'm finding them listed in sets in the Craftsman router bit Quick reference I've got.

I found the other 9-25567 as part of a set but the numbers are not tied to the pictures...just listed in numerical order. Can you describe it? It's listed in a set used with a Craftsman router crafter....if you can describe it, I might be able to help you...

Joe Ruszczyk
02-01-2005, 7:24 PM
Ken,

The 9-25567 looks like a dovetail bit, though not quite Z shaped and it has a sharp point! I've found another one of interest, it is 9-25579, a 7/8" triangle shaped head with deep "scoops" off of the cutting edge! This is kind of fun!

Ken Fitzgerald
02-01-2005, 8:08 PM
Joe, the 9-25567 based on your description is probably a point cutting quarter round bit again it's described use is with the craftsman router crafter.

Quick question?...do you have high speed internet connection? If so, I'll scan the manual and e-mail it to you. It would probably be about 15 8x10 sheets. If you have high speed internet, it wouldn't be too bad?

Joe Ruszczyk
02-02-2005, 6:10 AM
Thanks for the offer Ken, but all I have is a 56K dial-up modem! I did find a good site for photos to identify bits at http://www.mlcswoodworking.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/smarthtml/pages/routerbit. html

I'll probably be able to at least put the bits I have into the correct family now! Thanks again for your interest and assistance! :)

Kenneth WilliamsGa
12-26-2012, 3:55 PM
Joe,
Did you ever get the list from Ken for your router bits? It appears that I have a set similar to yours and would like to know what all these bits are for. If you got it , could you share?
Ken

Rick Moyer
12-26-2012, 4:05 PM
Joe,
Did you ever get the list from Ken for your router bits? It appears that I have a set similar to yours and would like to know what all these bits are for. If you got it , could you share?
Ken
Kenneth, this thread is almost eight years old and Joe hasn't had any activity on here in over two years. You might try to e-mail him, maybe. I doubt he's still looking after this thread.

Kenneth WilliamsGa
12-27-2012, 11:15 AM
Thanks Rick,

Is Ken Fitzgerald still a moderator?

Rick Moyer
12-27-2012, 12:53 PM
Yep. ''''''

Ken Fitzgerald
12-27-2012, 1:01 PM
Kenneth,

I just saw this thread.

I am not sure if I still have that catalogue. I will look for it later today and post back here with my results.

Ken Fitzgerald
12-27-2012, 2:31 PM
Kenneth.....

I found the Sears/Craftsman Router Bits and Accessories "Quick Facts" manual.

How can I help you?

If you have high speed internet, I could scan all 32 pages in as photos (.jpg) files and email them to you. If you would like me to do that, you could PM me with your email address.

Or.....I could try to answer your questions here.

Robert Delhommer Sr
11-28-2014, 5:13 PM
Can anyone identify a Craftsman 9-25578 router bit and tell me what angle it is, also a 9-25541. TIA

Ken Fitzgerald
11-28-2014, 5:19 PM
I can't answer your questions but here is a link to the Craftsman booklet I once had. I sent it to a member who needed it.

You will find both ot the bits about which you are inquiring on page 16. http://www.woodworkinghistory.com/sears_craftsman_routers_routers_bits_accessories_1 982.pdf