PDA

View Full Version : Keeping a bandsaw blade clean and lubricated

Eric Einsmann
04-19-2011, 11:18 PM
Does anyone have any tips on keeping your bs blade clean and lubricated? I've been cutting alot of pine there seems to be some build up on blade and I've noticed some heat issues...

I was reading on the Timberwold site to use "Pam" sparingly on a clean cloth to lubricate the blade??

Any tips?

Thanks,

Eric

ken gibbs
04-20-2011, 6:09 AM
Look at Rockler's site. I bought some bandsaw blade lubricant in stick from from several months ago.

Bruce Wrenn
04-20-2011, 9:32 PM
Take the blade and coil it up. Put in a container with some LA's Totally Awesome from dollar store. Let is soak for a while. Then using hose and a brush, clean it. Dry it well! On sunny days, I just put in on package shelf in rear of car. Dries in just a few minutes. You can spray it with PAM if you like, but PAM is just vegetable oil in an spray can

glenn bradley
04-20-2011, 9:48 PM
PAM is fine if you want but rather, consider your blade and what you are using it for. If you are getting build up, you will get heat. If your pine is that moist I would leave it stickered for awhile yet. If you must proceed, try a higher tooth count to clear the soft, damp chips faster. Softwoods can be a challenge even if they are reasonably dry. I run a 2-3 tooth pattern for softwoods.