PDA

View Full Version : Fund Raising Event

Earl Reid
02-01-2005, 12:30 PM
We had a very successful 4 days at the I-X Center in Cleveland the past thur thru Sun. Britt Rayburn, owner of Lyndhurst Lumber, had a booth at the Home Improvement Show and invited us to promote the FPP. My BIL, and new member of the Sawmill, Merv Masino, his wife Helen,my wife, Barbara and Myself manned the booth. The crew from Lyndhurst, made a branding iron and made plaques with the support our troops ribbon and passed them out as fast as they could make them. Merv turned the pens and I explained the FPP to the passerbys. We accepted donations. It was a very enjoyable venture.
We are sending a check in the amount of $1000.00 to Jackie for the Pen Project. The remainder of the money will be used to buy kits for Merv and I.
We were very happy to be able to do this. I met a lot of nice people and Service people also.
I will send a few pics later, also we have some other fund raising event on the back burner.
Earl :) :)

Bruce Shiverdecker
02-01-2005, 12:40 PM
That is a F A N T A S T I C!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! job, folks. As a Navel Officer would say "WELL DONE."
BTW, for those not familiar with Navy Jargin.......... a "WELL DONE" is as good as it gets!

Bruce

Dick Parr
02-01-2005, 9:41 PM
Great job Earl, job well done! :D