PDA

View Full Version : Picture Frames

Mike Randolph
04-18-2011, 4:19 PM
Hello Everyone, I purchased a Rabbit laser back in the winter and had a real hard time finding affordable picture frames that had some quality to them. I live in an area with a lot of DC weekenders, etc. and dollar tree quality wasnt acceptable. I ended up using my woodworking tools to make my own. I know what a hassle it can be to find stuff we can make a profit with, especially with the current economy. I thought I would share in case any of you have the same quality needs I did. I would be happy to offer these to other engravers. These are alder and are not mitered corners but made with cabinet door cutters. I like the look of these, better than mitered corners, and you have a smaller seam. Putting a picture in the frame takes under 30 seconds using rubber glass retainer, instead of push points, brads, etc.. It has saved me a lot of time. As an engraver time is money and I finally gave up trying to buy what I needed and made it myself. If you have a need for something like this, let me know. I will include a few pics.
I appreciated the opinions and help when I was looking to purchase an engraver back in the Winter, and since then I am trying to streamline what I do to keep it profitable. Not always so easy.

shawn zumbrum
04-18-2011, 6:42 PM
Mike

check out jds www.jdsindustries.com (http://www.jdsindustries.com) they have real nice frames and not that pricy. i sell alot of there frames and had not had one problem with them..

Mike Chance in Iowa
04-18-2011, 9:05 PM
I'm with Shawn on JDS frames on price, but I have found it's best to inspect the frames (especially the 8x10's) for scratches under the finish. JDS replaces them without a problem, but it would be nice to not have to take time out of my day to have to inspect each frame. There have been times over the last 4-5 years where I had to exchange up to half the quantity of frames in the 8x10 case due to scratches easily seen in overcast sky.

shawn zumbrum
04-19-2011, 10:44 AM
Mike is right you have to look for scratches I did found some with scratches.