PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone provide me the specifications...

Rob Wong
04-18-2011, 2:38 AM
...for wine glass holders? The kind that hold the glasses upside down under a cabinet, etc. I believe it looks like 2 upside down "T"s spaced a certain distance apart that the glass bottom fits in. I want to know the sizes and spacing.

Thanks,
Rob

mickey cassiba
04-18-2011, 3:57 AM
Rob, I've got a few pieces of wine glass molding that my former employer produces. I'd be happy to measure it for you in the morning. As to the spacing, I'd think that would be dictated by the size of the glasses, and visual preference.

mickey cassiba
04-18-2011, 4:31 PM
Hi Rob...sorry it took so long to get back to you.
I have a piece of the wine glass hanger molding in my hand.
The widest dimension is 3". It bevels toward the center with a run of 1 1/8" and a drop of 5/8". From there is a vertical drop of 1/4". The narrow horizontal dimension is 3/4". Bear in mind that this piece would be ripped down the center and the two pieces would form the 'hanger'. I'll try to make a quick sketch:

Hope this is helpful.

Myk Rian
04-18-2011, 7:35 PM
Is that drawing upside down?

Rob Wong
04-18-2011, 9:43 PM
Hi Rob...sorry it took so long to get back to you.
I have a piece of the wine glass hanger molding in my hand.
The widest dimension is 3". It bevels toward the center with a run of 1 1/8" and a drop of 5/8". From there is a vertical drop of 1/4". The narrow horizontal dimension is 3/4". Bear in mind that this piece would be ripped down the center and the two pieces would form the 'hanger'. I'll try to make a quick sketch:

Hope this is helpful.

Thanks a lot for the info.
Rob

mickey cassiba
04-19-2011, 12:23 AM
Is that drawing upside down?

Why,yes it is Myk...sorry. That's how we milled it. The narrow strip would be against the cabinet bottom. BTW we had splitting problems with some of the longer, softer, grained hardwoods.

Frank Drew
04-19-2011, 8:13 AM
Bear in mind that this piece would be ripped down the center and the two pieces would form the 'hanger'.

From what I've seen, this piece is usually used without ripping; it just takes several of them, running parallel to each other and spaced apart enough for the wine glass stem to slide in comfortably, to make a wine glass racking system. And without ripping, you have an easier time attaching them.

mickey cassiba
04-19-2011, 12:13 PM
From what I've seen, this piece is usually used without ripping; it just takes several of them, running parallel to each other and spaced apart enough for the wine glass stem to slide in comfortably, to make a wine glass racking system. And without ripping, you have an easier time attaching them.
Frank, this is true for multiple rows of glasses, however, on the outside rows, the outside edge leaves a rather unfinished appearance if installed whole. I do agree that the installation would be easier width the full width.

Frank Drew
04-19-2011, 1:25 PM
... on the outside rows, the outside edge leaves a rather unfinished appearance if installed whole. Quite right, but for the outer strips bevel just one edge.

mickey cassiba
04-19-2011, 1:35 PM
Quite right, but for the outer strips bevel just one edge. Sorry, I had a brain spasm. I forgot we were talking about making it in the shop.