PDA

View Full Version : Need help remembering Ask This Old House tip

Michael Weber
04-17-2011, 10:56 AM
Quite a while back on the Ask This Old House show there was a tip for preventing drying of the foam in the nozzle of the disposable foam cans allowing the cans to be set aside unused for a while. All I can find online are references to the tip but not the actual details. Even tried the ATOH website with no luck. Anyone recall the details or have a link? I know the nozzles can be washed out with acetone but that's not an option I want to use. thanks

Joseph Tarantino
04-17-2011, 11:07 AM
i think there were actually 2 tips on that. one, a viewer tip i think, involved using a drinking straw to provide a disposable nozzle. and i think there was another one that used the sheathing from romex cable to also provide a disposable nozzle/tip. FWIW, hilti's canned foam now has a receptor that receives the end of the application tube to keep the foam in it from drying out. i have no first hand experience with it.

Joe Angrisani
04-17-2011, 12:05 PM
Just remove the tube from the valve and push the dried foam out with a piece of wire coat hanger. I've never seen the foam dry tight in the valve itself, just the tube.