PDA

View Full Version : Unisaw cutting problems??

james susick
04-17-2011, 10:55 AM
Hey guys I got a problem. I got a Unisaw last year and cleaned it up. Its a 1.5hp 220v 1975 model. It needed new bearings so I changed them with not problems. Now the problem. I got the saw back up and running but I can't get it to cut 100%. I trued my fence dead on front and back of blade but when I rip wood the blade drags the work piece on the back end of blade that I trued, like the blade is flexing in. It does the same problem with my large cross sled. My cross sled is dead 90 to the blade with 2 table runners but when the saw is running it seems to drag the back of blade as work piece is coming out. I tried 2 blades, both cut 100% on with my Jet contractor saw so its not the blade. Is my arbor bent or something?? I tried new unisaw arbor washers and blade stiffeners.

Any helping would be great cause Im going crazy!!

david brum
04-17-2011, 12:01 PM
Did you set the table top so the miter slots are exactly parallel with the blade? If not, the blade will be skewed relative to the cut, causing your described problem. There are lots of methods of getting the table aligned, just do a search. Here's one http://woodgears.ca/delta_saw/alignment.html

tom blankenship
04-17-2011, 2:29 PM
Check the splitter behind the blade. If it is angled it will move the wood away from the intended cut line.

tom