PDA

View Full Version : Tornado hit our County yesterday

Keith Outten
04-17-2011, 8:41 AM
Yesterday afternoon a tornado skipped through an area from James City County to Williamsburg to Gloucester County and it ended in Deltaville Virginia. Here in Gloucester County the majority of the damage was at Page Middle School and a few houses in the area. Based on the video I have seen this morning it appears that Page Middle School has been devastated, the damage is so severe that the school probably will have to be replaced. There are 3 known casualties in Gloucester County at this time.

Here at The Creek we experienced just minor winds and a bit of rain yesterday afternoon. We lost power about 7:30 pm last night, power was restored at approximately 2am this morning.

Brian Effinger
04-17-2011, 9:54 AM
Figured you were having a rough time weather-wise, when I couldn't log on last night. Glad you & Jackie are OK, and didn't have any damage.

Matt Meiser
04-17-2011, 10:25 AM
Sorry to hear that Keith. I was on when the creek when down and figured it was weather--checking the radar it looked like a nasty line. All the news was about NC and SC at the time though.

A school district near us lost their high school in a tornado last June. It took forever to work through everything and they just had the groundbreaking for the new one a couple weeks ago. Luckily a nearby community college had space to accommodate them for a couple years.