View Full Version : dewalt trim router 611

robert micley
04-16-2011, 5:37 PM
what do folks think about the fact that the fixed base has no way to attach an edge guide- no holes for rods. also is there an accessory edge guide for the plunge base which has holes for rods. thanks,robert

Rich Engelhardt
04-17-2011, 8:17 AM
what do folks think about the fact that the fixed base has no way to attach an edge guide- no holes for rods
Non-factor for me.
I consider that type of guide as useless.

IMHO - there's so many better alternatives why bother?

Bill Huber
04-17-2011, 9:07 AM
The only thing that bothered be about the base was the fact that it would not take a bushing. I fix that by adding a new base plate to it, it was one for the Bosch Colt that I had. Just had to drill the holes and it works just fine. For edge work I use bushings, bearing bits or clamp a straight edge to the work.

I have an edge guide for my larger Bosch and I think I have used it 2 times in the last 5 years.

Al Weber
04-17-2011, 9:52 AM
As best I can tell, Dewalt does not offer an edge guide that works with the fixed base. They offer one for the plunge base however. Micro Fence offers a very expensive edge guide and new fixed base unit. But it is super expensive.

glenn bradley
04-17-2011, 11:04 AM
I also see this as a non-issue but, that is because I view edge guides as being of little value. If using an edge guide is important to you I would just go with another router that is made to use one. The 611 offers the plunge base and that is the selling point that would draw me to it. If you are after a small plunge, you've found it. If the edge guide is more important, the Bosch Colt offers that. If you want one that "does it all", so do I. When you find one please let us all know where to get it ;).