PDA

View Full Version : New...well old marking knives. an older Gloat!

Mark Singer
02-01-2005, 1:00 AM
I just recieved 3 great marking knives....Rosewood handles very delicate ...Shefield steel, very sharp....I want to mark...I want to scribe...make a dovetail...make a joint....I want to mark a line in wood...then cut...fit it ,, glue it...look at it...admire..BTW...they also match my LN Chisels...which makes them perform better....

Mike Cutler
02-01-2005, 5:08 AM
Those are nice Mark. I like the shape of the handles. Have fun marking and cutting ;)

Dan Stuewe
02-01-2005, 1:33 PM
Those are sharp looking. Why three though? Are they the same or do they have different functions?

Mark Singer
02-01-2005, 2:14 PM
One scribes, one marks, one slices and dices ...."and If you call right now I will send you a free set of staelk knives...."

Dan, I don't know they are all the same...an Ebay diversion:(

Those are sharp looking. Why three though? Are they the same or do they have different functions?

Pete Rosenbohm
02-01-2005, 7:11 PM
I know the Japanese versions are for left scribes and other for right scribes, and maybe the center one is for amberdexious (sp) scribes:D

Rob Wyrick
02-01-2005, 7:42 PM
Isn't it obvious? There's a left-handed one, a right-handed one, and one specially made for people with missing fingers. :p

Mark Singer
02-01-2005, 8:33 PM
How can fellow SMC'rs with 35 planes...9 routers....47 chisels....question a small trio of 3 marking knives....It is like having an extra plane iron...when one feels a bit dull...bingo...pop in another! You must have more than one pencil????

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Jeff Sudmeier
02-02-2005, 8:18 AM
I think Mark nailed this one! I just know that if I only had one, I would be losing it all the time. I can never find a pencil!