PDA

View Full Version : Could use a little Lasercut help.

Don Young
04-15-2011, 6:46 PM
I am currently using Corel X3 and lasercut 5.3 and I keep running into a problem that consumes way too much of my productive laser time. I import a bmp graphic into corel and it downloads flawlessly into Lasercut for engraving but when I reverse the image using the mirror command and try to redownload it for glass and plastic, the image in Lasercut doesn't show the mirror image, it shows the original unreflected image instead. Thought it was a communication issue but it doesn't appear to be. Please help with an easy solve. I have customers waiting.:confused:

Chuck Stone
04-15-2011, 7:08 PM
I don't have or use the program, but I wonder if it is just pulling the image from a cache?
Try saving the reversed image with a different name and then sending it to LaserCut again.
I have no idea what 'reflect' refers to, though.

Tristan Ranatza
04-15-2011, 8:42 PM
Are you mirroring the image after you export it from Corel or in Corel?
If you are doing it in your post processer it may just be changing the display image and not the file. I would try to mirror it in Corel then upload to whatever program you are using to process the image.

Don Young
04-15-2011, 9:58 PM
I am mirroring it in Corel then uploading it into Lasercut. That is why I don't understand why it can display the older unmirrored image.

Dan Hintz
04-16-2011, 9:48 AM
When you mirror it, are you saving under a different name? It would be extremely unlikely that the driver would even have the functionality to automatically mirror an image... my guess also is it's pulling from cache or being sent the old file.

Guy Hilliard
04-17-2011, 10:09 AM
Is LaserCut mirroring your artwork as it may be expecting you to reverse engrave it on the glass/plastic(acrylic)?