PDA

View Full Version : Doll Bed

Lee Schierer
01-31-2005, 8:57 PM
This is a doll bed I made for my grandaughter at Christmas. It was sized for her American girl doll. The bed is about 22 inches long, 9 inches wide and 8 inches tall. The bed spread is a placemat. My wife made the pillow and the mattress. The bed is made from red oak, stained with American Walnut stain and finished with Deft semi-gloss clear wood finish. Using a copy maschine, I enlarged a photo of a sleigh bed I found on the internet to get a pattern for the legs. The bed is doweled together. She used it for her doll every night while she was here.

http://home.earthlink.net/~us71na/doll_bed.jpg

Thanks for viewing.

Jim Young
01-31-2005, 9:29 PM
Looks pretty good. I'm gettin gready to do the exact same thing. My little one has an American doll and wants a bed for it (her). I am going to make a small chest that will fit the bed also.

Jim Becker
01-31-2005, 10:18 PM
No, that's very stylish, Lee! I can see why your GD really enjoyed it!

Jeff Sudmeier
02-01-2005, 8:23 AM
That looks great! My grandmother has collected dolls for all of here life, but she doesn't have much furniture. You have just given me an idea for her xmas present next year! Thanks!

Mark Singer
02-01-2005, 8:36 AM
Beautiful little sleigh bed!

Mark Rhodes
02-01-2005, 11:14 AM
Great Job! im ashamed to say the LOML wants me to make something like that for the cat... Im holding out until she cuts off the tool funds, so I might be asking for a cut list.

Tony Falotico
02-01-2005, 7:39 PM
Great Job! im ashamed to say the LOML wants me to make something like that for the cat... Im holding out until she cuts off the tool funds, so I might be asking for a cut list.

Hey Mark, I see your new here so Welcome to the Creek. Don't know that I understand holding out until she cuts off the tool funds but that seems somewhat dangerous. Kind of a negative approach. What you need to do is attack from the other direction....... Say 'Yes Dear, I'd love to make that (whatever) for you, If I only had a (insert new tool most wanted)'.

Has worked for me for years, sometimes two or three new tools per project !! :D :D :D

One thing guaranteed, you hang around with us long enough we will get you into trouble sooner or later !! :D :D

BTW: Spent a lot of time in Augusta Ga back in the late '60's, was a beautiful town back then, liked to stroll the main street with all the old shops (Green Street ??) Haven't been back since about 1970, heard it has changed so much I wouldn't recognize it.