PDA

View Full Version : Another Soon To Be Jet Owner.

Mark Hazelden
04-14-2011, 5:27 PM
Hi folks,

I haven't been around for awhile and I plan to be more active on this forum.

I just mailed a check off to Sean at Tool Nut for a Jet 1642 2HP.

I recently took a week long woodturning course at the John C. Campbell Folk School which succeeded in setting the woodturning hook even deeper! I will post photos of some of the pieces that I completed.

Thanks again to Steve for his advice and answering my questions about the 1642.

Is it here yet?!

Mark

Steve Schlumpf
04-14-2011, 5:29 PM
Mark - Congrats!!! You are going to love that lathe! Looking forward to seeing the photos once the lathe arrives!

Steve Vaughan
04-14-2011, 5:42 PM
Rest assured, that will not be the last check you write! It will be the first in a long line of 'em.

Dan Forman
04-14-2011, 6:08 PM
Congrat's, hope the wait is not too long. In the meantime, go collect a bunch of wood.

Dan

Dick Wilson
04-14-2011, 6:23 PM
Oh brother, here we go again. Another otherwise sane person plunging into the abyss of chip mania. I sure am glad that I am happy with the lathe I have.:D:D:D I can buy a lot of bearings, pulleys, and belts for a long time.:):):)

I hope you take care of you lathe area by leaving something on the floor for an extended period of time.

Jim Underwood
04-14-2011, 7:01 PM
Doh! They'll let anybody in here...:D

Congratulations! I was ensared by the same deal.

Have fun!

Greg Just
04-14-2011, 7:25 PM
You won't be disappointed with the lathe. I recently got the 1.5hp model from ToolNut and love it.

Jim Burr
04-14-2011, 8:02 PM
My 1.5 hp Jet 1642 will be here during the fall specials...already have wood set aside

John Keeton
04-14-2011, 8:51 PM
Mark, you are going to love it!!!! Sean got my $$$ too!! Congrats.

Donny Lawson
04-14-2011, 9:18 PM
I love mine even though I haven't used it much yet. I will jump on it this weekend. I've got plenty to turn.

Roland Martin
04-14-2011, 9:50 PM
Congrats! You'll love that machine, I've certainly got no regrets. A bit of ballast & and you're set to go!

James Combs
04-14-2011, 9:55 PM
Mark, you are going to love it!!!! Sean got my $$$ too!! Congrats.

Ditto, what John said.

Bernie Weishapl
04-14-2011, 9:59 PM
Congrats Mark. Now the fun begins.

Bob Rotche
04-15-2011, 8:36 AM
Congrats on the new lathe, Mark! Would love to hear more about your experience at the Campbell Folk School. I was there in March and LOVED it! It was my experience on their machines that convinced me to give Sean my $$$ for a new Powermatic which I hope to have next month. Which class did you take? I took a bowl turning class with Dale Larson. Already trying to figure out when I can go back for another class!

bob svoboda
04-15-2011, 10:55 AM
Congratulations. I'm sure you will love that lathe. Will look forward to pic's.

Sean Ackerman NY
04-25-2011, 8:26 AM
Mark, and to the rest of you, thanks so much for the business. I apologize for being MIA for so long. Have been working very hard on two websites. We relaunched toolnut.com so it's e-commerce capable. We also launched festoolproducts.com about 2 months ago - so I've been mired in the world of graphic development and content creation. It seems I will be for the foreseeable future as well!