PDA

View Full Version : Many Thanks!

Steve Kennedy
04-13-2011, 4:25 PM
Thank you to Tom Hamilton for inviting me to his studio and sharing his wisdom. We had a great chat. He showed me his awesome studio. It has windows and AC and lots of room. All the things my shop does not have. We discussed tools, woods, design, books, technique, sanding and just about anything else to do with wood turning. I left with a lot of knowledge, some beautiful wood and a new friend. Thanks to SMC for getting us together. It was a great day!!

:)

Steve

Tim Rinehart
04-13-2011, 4:31 PM
That's cool. Keep in mind another top notch turner in your backyard is Nick Cook. http://www.nickcookwoodturner.com/ You should be able to find him doing demos in some area clubs throughout the year, or at his studio perhaps. He's fast in what he does, so be sure to pay attention. Blink and you could miss something! We had him for a demo last year at one of our area clubs. He went thru several different objects/projects in short order.

Dan Forman
04-13-2011, 4:36 PM
Creeker visits are great. Much can be learned in a relatively short amount of time form an experienced mentor.

Dan

Steve Schlumpf
04-13-2011, 4:49 PM
Steve - glad to hear you guys had a chance to get together! Visits are always a lot of fun! Next time - remember - pictures!!!;)

Lee Koepke
04-13-2011, 4:53 PM
Steve, I visited with Tom recently as well! Right on all accounts, your description was accurate !!!!

( I didnt take any pics either ... definately next time )