PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a Grizzly G1163/G0710 light duty dust collector?

Tom Matthews
04-13-2011, 7:57 AM
I'm thinking it might be time to add a dust collector to my shop. Ideally I'd get a cyclone system, but there's just no space for one. I do have a spot on the wall where I could hang a G0710 collector, so I'm thinking about picking one up and would like some opinions on it.

If you have one, are you happy with it? I'll be using it on my bandsaw, Rigid OSS/Belt sander, and possibly on my D4R VRS when routing dovetails (might get a Dust Deputy in that case).

How loud is it? Grizzly doesn't list a decibel rating for this particular model.

james bell
04-15-2011, 2:52 PM
i just purchased the g0548z - 2hp with canister. i have an oneida mobile and an old old jet. had the jet dedicated to my bandaw and rolled the oneida around (since i don't want ductwork all over the place). i rearranged my tools and now have the grizzly connected to a jointer/planer/resaw bandsaw and small bandsaw (in a square with the dc in the center). used it once thus far and pleased with it.

i was going to purchase the cheap harbor freight just to dedicate to a single machine, but decided for a little more (once i added a canister to the hf), the grizzly was probably a much better purchase.

not too loud as i recall.

Dan Schocke
04-15-2011, 4:30 PM
I haven't used the Grizzly version, but I purchased a similar (identical except for color) model from Menards several years ago (I think it was branded Pro-Tech). I always thought it worked pretty well with my jointer, planer, tablesaw, and bandsaw. The only thing I hated was that it took up way too much floor space with the bag hanging out the side (I never mounted it on the wall, just wheeled it from machine to machine). I did replace the bag with a felt bag from Penn State Ind... The original only filtered to 30 microns, and the PSI bag was like 1 micron and was easier to empty and way better for airflow. I'd recommend getting a larger, vertical-oriented dust collector if you can afford it, but the models you listed are definitely better than not having a DC.