PDA

View Full Version : VM150 Jaws Compatability

Jonathan Spool
04-12-2011, 6:33 PM
I am thinking about getting a Vicmark VM150 chuck. Is there any adapter available that will allow me to utilize my Nova jaws on the VM150? Has anyone had experienc with the Vicmarc Shark jaws?

Ryan Baker
04-12-2011, 8:46 PM
Negative. Maybe on a VM100, but not a VM150. You'd probably have to machine your own jaw adapters to make that work -- i.e. not cost effective.

On a side note, Vermec chucks are supposed to be compatible with jaws from all of the major manufacturers -- if you can get your hands on one.

Glenn Roberts
04-13-2011, 5:11 AM
To clarify, the Vermec 110 chuck is great (beautifully made) but are no longer being made and they only suited the smaller VM90/100 Vicmarc jaws and Nova jaws. Not the larger VM120 and 150 jaws etc it would be best to contact Enzo at Vermec to see if they make an adapter for what you want.
Fitting Nova jaws on a large VM150 would be a bit 'strange' given that the VM150 is made for holding large work.

I hope this helps

Jonathan Spool
04-13-2011, 10:18 AM
I contacted Vermec, But they said that the holes on the Vic 150 were too far apart for the Nova jaws. As far as work capacity, I thought the Titan was a pretty large chuck, so not so strange to thing of interchanging the jaws.

Michael Ginsberg
04-13-2011, 10:38 AM
Jonathan,
I too have done research and wanted to do the same as you. I own quite a few Nova jaws and a few Nova chucks. I wanted the ability to use the large Vicmarc dovetail jaws and the Jumbo adjusta jaws on my Titan. No such luck. I took advantage of the sale this month at Craft Supply on the 10% off all Vicmarc jaws and chucks. I just ordered a 120 chuck and several big jaws to go with it!!
By the way... I ordered the 120 chuck and not the 150 because I am not a production turner and frankly could not see the value in the extra $100.
Michael