PDA

View Full Version : Hey other Trotec users

Michael Kowalczyk
04-12-2011, 2:45 PM
If you are not using the latest job control (9.4.2) you are missing an AWESOME new feature call the " Job Time Calculator". Not a very trend setting name but once you use it you will wonder how you ever got along without it. With the press of a button you will know how long your file will take to run with out actually running the laser. It is accurate to with in a few seconds. I have tested it from 30 second files to 30 minute files and it stays with in a few seconds. The only one I had questionable results with was when I take a single file and place it multiple times, the timing is off but I don't recall by how much, other than that one it is an AWESOME time saver. I would HIGHLY recommend the update/upgrade. It will save you lots of time on quoting. Oh and did I already mention it was AWESOME!!!! When something is that good it is worth repeating and sharing.

I found out about this feature while attending the NBM Show in Austin, Texas a few weeks ago. So it was well worth the visit for me plus the other booths were also informative.

I have time estimators/simulation in my CNC CAD/CAM software but they are no where near as quick and as accurate as this new feature.

Dan Hintz
04-12-2011, 6:31 PM
Hey Trotec users! ULS has had this feature for years :D

Sorry, Michael, couldn't resist ;) :p

Michael Kowalczyk
04-12-2011, 9:57 PM
OK Dan, Ouch :eek:.
You got me there but I can say that my Trotec has been engraving at 140 IPS since we got it in 2003. So they may be slow with adding some extra features but they sure do make up for it in quality and speed :D.

Mike Null
04-12-2011, 10:17 PM
Dan

My ULS didn't have it.

Dan Hintz
04-13-2011, 6:18 AM
You got me there but I can say that my Trotec has been engraving at 140 IPS since we got it in 2003. So they may be slow with adding some extra features but they sure do make up for it in quality and speed :D.
Ha ha, touché, mon amie! :D

Lisa Higginbotham
04-13-2011, 8:21 AM
Michael - How old is your Speedy II? Mine is about 8 years old. Did Trotec charge for the upgrade?

Jeff Belany
04-13-2011, 10:24 AM
That's a GREAT feature. Now if only Epilog is listening. They finally added a small (very small) amount of memory so that the machines can store repeat jobs. With memory prices so low I can't see why they don't put in more but at least it's something. 13 years ago the LMI I ran could store 99 jobs in the machine. Whne/if I buy another laser this kind of feature would be a deal maker for me.

Jeff in northern Wisconsin

Michael Kowalczyk
04-13-2011, 12:15 PM
Mine is a 2003 model Speedy II. Call your sales rep or the main office. It depends on what version you have now and since you have not filled out your signature, we can't tell. So if you are still running 7.49 most likely there will be a nominal charge but I can't speak for Trotec.

I know it has probably been forever since you have had to call Trotec and may have misplaced there number, so here it is in code. one-8six six-22six-8fivezero5 but first I would call your sales rep since they will know your history.

Thanks and ...