PDA

View Full Version : Fine Woodworking Pro Portfolios

Brian Kent
04-12-2011, 2:14 PM
I just came across the Fine Woodworking Pro Portfolios. I can't find the starter page, but this article on Enrico Konig includes a list of them. What wonderful ideas:

http://www.finewoodworking.com/item/36522/curve-it-like-konig?utm_source=email&utm_medium=eletter&utm_content=20110412-grooving-planes-odate-konig&utm_campaign=fine-woodworking

Have fun perusing.

Brian

(If someone else has started a thread about this please direct me to it and I'll stop this one.)

Douglas Clark
04-12-2011, 8:42 PM
Thanks for sharing Brian. I love looking through the FWW galleries and that Konig piece is very nice. There's a lot of stuff out that that is not the style I am inclined to build for myself or is even my taste and preference in general. And yet, I am always in awe of innumerable amazing designers and craftsman out there and how many ways there are to personalize things so that that they are not just unique, but fresh again. This is the type of stuff that makes me dare to dream of becoming a master artisan someday.

Jim Rimmer
04-12-2011, 9:20 PM
Thanks for the post. I added it to my favorites and will revisit many times.

Brian Kent
04-12-2011, 9:24 PM
You're right. It is encouraging to see beautiful ideas and craftsmanship. More stuff to copy until I find an original idea of my own.