PDA

View Full Version : Now this is fishing

Greg Labacz
04-12-2011, 10:20 AM
http:// exploroz.com/Forum/Topic/84892/Fishing_at_its_best.aspx?ky=&p

Roger Newby
04-12-2011, 1:21 PM
Dad always told me that the proper way to prepare carp was to fasten it to a board and put it on the roof for a few months........then eat the board.

Lee Schierer
04-12-2011, 1:55 PM
Those are Asian Carp and they are already a problem in Indiana and Illionois and are going to be a really big problem if they get into the Great Lakes. People have been seriously injured while boating in the rivers where they exist now when these large fish jump out of the water into the boats. Apparently they aren't very good to eat.

ray hampton
04-12-2011, 2:22 PM
snake head might be good to eat, after all people eats EEL,S and if you can eat these 2 a carp should taste good

Pat Germain
04-12-2011, 2:39 PM
I've seen a few stories on TV about this carp infestation. I'm thinking a buch of sporting goods companies should start sponsoring carp tournaments. Big prizes would go to those who fish the most poundage (or tonnage) of carp. Then they turn over all the carp to a cat food plant. Many species of fish have been fished out or are close to it. Lets fish-out the carp infestation!

ray hampton
04-12-2011, 3:08 PM
WHY CAT FOOD, catch the carp and ship them back to CHINESE people

Jason Roehl
04-12-2011, 4:50 PM
There's a reason those carp are jumping--they're trying to get out of the Washed As...er... WABASH River!

Ben Hatcher
04-12-2011, 5:11 PM
I'd hate to have one of those jump out of the water in front of my boat while I'm buzzing down the river at 40 mph. From the pictures I've seen they flop around inside the boat, break things and bleed all over the place. The issue with eating them isn't the taste but the American stigma over eating carp and the small bones in the flesh. I'm told that they are quite good to eat.

ray hampton
04-12-2011, 5:55 PM
I'd hate to have one of those jump out of the water in front of my boat while I'm buzzing down the river at 40 mph. From the pictures I've seen they flop around inside the boat, break things and bleed all over the place. The issue with eating them isn't the taste but the American stigma over eating carp and the small bones in the flesh. I'm told that they are quite good to eat.

I am American and I ate carp before, the only two fish that I will not eat again are Pollock and Shark