PDA

View Full Version : Vector help

Jiten Patel
04-12-2011, 5:00 AM
Hi All,

I am in need of a vector similar to the attached picture....can you guys help?
I have gone through my library of vectors and cannot find anything similar.

If not, no worries, I will draw it in, just need to save myself some time (cheeky I know)191251

Thank you.

Michael Kowalczyk
04-12-2011, 2:24 PM
Hey Jit,
Very ornate piece but looks like it can be done in 1/8ths and then mirrored. Looks almost like a roulette wheel design in the center.
I enjoy your posts and your use of lighting in your photography also.

What library of vectors are you using? Are they in-house designs or bought?

Thanks and ...

Tristan Ranatza
04-12-2011, 5:32 PM
I may have something that could help you out.... looks like a ornate compass rose that I have. I am at work now but can look when I get home. You still may need to draw the center part but the outside vinework will be done.

Jiten Patel
04-13-2011, 4:12 AM
Thanks Michael. Kind words like yours make what I do worthwhile.

Yea it can be easily mirrored, just extremely busy at the moment, and for the first time looking for an easy way out. Also my library is just vectors I have accumulated over time. A good friend of mine is a graphic designer by trade, and she had stacks which she gave me. But they are a mess. Havent had the time to go through and organise it. Would take at least a week. Something like 100gb worth. 70% being things I would never use though.

Tristan, I thought compass too, but I couldnt find anything remotely close. I found a few vintage inspired frames, but nothing that was a close match. But if you have something, that would be greatly appreciated.

Frank Corker
04-13-2011, 5:50 AM
Jit, you should be able to make something with what I have included here for you.

Jiten Patel
04-13-2011, 7:15 AM
Frank, you my friend are a genius. Definatley can use those. Just need a clean up and I am good to go. Thank you so much.

(are they royalty free?)

Frank Corker
04-13-2011, 7:28 AM
Yes they are they should already be vectored so they are resizeable.

Jiten Patel
04-13-2011, 8:20 AM
Thats great, thanks Frank. Just reworking one of them at the moment. Will show you the finished prodcut when done.

Its for a wedding, the couple are getting married on Necker Island. $56000 a night! They have hired it for 2 weeks!!! Crazy amount of money! So we are doing all their stationery. Message in a bottle invitation, with a personalise monogram etc. So i will be using a flatbed soon to do the bottles and get that detail i am oh so jealous about.

Frank Corker
04-13-2011, 4:14 PM
That's an obscene amount of money. I hope you are charging an obscene amount for the work because those people have got to be idiots! $56k for two weeks!

Jiten Patel
04-14-2011, 4:19 AM
Frank, I think you read it wrong. It is $56000 A NIGHT! 2 weeks = $784000. And that doesnt include the wedding, just the hire of the island, accomodation, food, booze, chefs etc etc.

Crazy amount of money.

The job will run them around £5000 which is going to be a fantastic earner.

Frank Corker
04-14-2011, 5:43 AM
It is $56000 A NIGHT! 2 weeks = $784000..... oh my mistake, bloody hell that's a bargain. Well I'm glad you're getting a good amount for your work. Give the idiots my number I have some dried flowers in my garden that I'd be willing to let go for £1289. a dozen.

Jiten Patel
04-14-2011, 6:20 AM
Yea tell me about it. Lovely couple though and surprisingly really down to earth. Obviously made a lot of money doing what he does.

Hopefully I get an invite to the wedding!

Robert Walters
04-14-2011, 10:43 AM
Obviously made a lot of money doing what he does.

He doesn't do laser engraving, does he? <evil grin goes here>

Joseph Belangia
04-14-2011, 12:50 PM
You know what they say about the laser engraving business, right?

"If you want to have 1 million dollars from the laser, then start with 2."

Dee Gallo
04-14-2011, 1:05 PM
Congrats on landing such a good job, Jit! Hopefully they have equally successful friends who will want to use your services too! Your work deserves high quality customers.

cheers, dee

Jiten Patel
04-15-2011, 4:07 AM
Thank Dee, Business is picking up and at the moment there are not enough hours in the day.

We have another massive order from a Chinese lady getting married to an English guy in China. Love couples with no budget!

Robert, definately not laser engraving. He is one of the directors of KPMG and also has his own company. He probably earns in a hour what I earn in a month! One day hey, one day!

John Noell
04-15-2011, 3:45 PM
We've got a resort that we do work for that charges US$36,000 per night for the least expensive accommodation. To rent the entire island is $1.1 million per night. Some guy rented it for 10 days over Chistmas last year.