PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use Autodesk SketchBook Designer?

Kimmy Armstrong
04-11-2011, 7:53 PM
We seem to have run into a problem with CorelDraw X5 and heard that it can be corrected with Autodesk. When lines are drawn for vector cutting and are then connected in Corel- there may be a hairline that really was not connected and you don't see it- thus an incomplete cut. Also, I am unable to truly make my lines one continous line, so that there is no stopping and starting all over the place. I'm willing to fork out the money for it, if it will solve the issues.
Epilog mini 50 watt

Dan Hintz
04-12-2011, 7:00 AM
Corel allows you to connect shorted lines... can't remember the command name off of the top of my head, something like "join vector" and gives you a distance entry box.

I don't see how ACAD will solve your continuous line issue... if you want the laser to continue from one line to the next, you'll have to order them properly in one program or the other (and make sure the beginning/ending of each line is set appropriately). The laser's driver should have a semi-decent sort algorithm to do some of this for you (but it's not a miracle worker).

Josh Jelinek
04-12-2011, 12:34 PM
Not sure about acad sketch up, have no real experience with that. However, we have the full version of Autocad 2011 and there is a function called "Poly Line Edit" or "PE" in key strokes to join a bunch of line segments together into one continuos line.