PDA

View Full Version : If it sounds like a DUCK and you hold it in your hand it must be?

Bruce Shiverdecker
01-30-2005, 11:40 PM
I've seen some. finally had a chance to turn one under the tutalidge of an expert. Very nice piece of cocobola. Even got pattern continuation in the two pieces.

Was fun, thanks for lookin'

Bruce ;)

Pat Salter
01-31-2005, 12:28 AM
Well, ain't that just ducky? and what you can't add a sound file? :D just kidding.

Looks good, hmm, something else to turn...the list gets bigger...

Bart Leetch
01-31-2005, 1:12 AM
Great lookin duck call.

I'll bet it would sound like this....Aflaaaaaaac :eek: :D

Jeff Sudmeier
01-31-2005, 8:35 AM
That is a great looking call! I have the parts for a duck call, I just haven't got around to turning them yet. How does the call sound?

Carole Valentine
01-31-2005, 8:47 AM
Nice Bruce! Where did you get the kit? Does it take anything special like a special mandrel and bushings? Now for the big question...does it work? Have you called any ducks with it yet?:D

Keel McDonald
01-31-2005, 12:00 PM
Very nice call Bruce. I recently had the chance to turn one also. How does yours sound? You'd better be careful, they can become addicting. I'm chomping at the bit to turn another one. Looks great!

Matthew Poeller
01-31-2005, 2:50 PM
Not trying to jack the thread or anything but where does one obtain parts for a duck call. There are a ton of hunters here at work and I figured that if I made some duck calls and turkey calls I could pay for my lathe.

Thank you in advance for responses.

Kenneth Hertzog
01-31-2005, 5:00 PM
all calls are available from hutproducts.com they have a number of different items to chose from
ken

Bruce Shiverdecker
01-31-2005, 11:06 PM
First, thanks to all for the nice comments.

Bart - I tried the AFLAAAAAAAAC, but it didn't do too well--------my trying to sound like a duck ain't very good either!

Jeff - I can get it to make noise, but my teacher can make a call talk. When he used it, at least to me, it sounded great----but I'm no duck!

Carole - you can use your regular mandrel - I used the same one as I use for 7 mm pens. You do need a bushing set with washers, spacers, and rubber bushings. You need to be very careful expanding the bushings, so you don't crack your call.

Matt - My local ww store had the class and they sell the kits for $11.50 ea

Woodturners Catalog show them, Hut has them. Penn State and Woodcraft do not show them.

Bruce