PDA

View Full Version : software hunt

Cindy Rhoades
04-11-2011, 2:31 PM
I am looking for software the will essentially translate English into other languages for engraving. I have a lot of interest in Chinese & Japanese, but would also like the greek lettering for sororities, Italian, French. Does any one know of any software programs that may help me out. I have found a few things but they don't translate like I was looking for.

Dan Hintz
04-11-2011, 2:37 PM
If you don't mind potentially poor grammatical translations, translate.google.com is possibly the best freebie out there. If you care about the translation being grammatically correct, you'll likely have to go to a live human (services exist). Chinese and Japanese are probably going to be the hardest to translate properly without a human in the middle.

Dee Gallo
04-11-2011, 3:11 PM
Cindy,

try www.mandarintools.com/chardict.html (http://www.mandarintools.com/chardict.html)

You type in what your English words and choose a language. It gives only literal translations, so it might not be what you want.

cheers, dee

Mike Null
04-11-2011, 3:23 PM
Here is the Greek alphabet. It's available as symbols in Corel.

Cindy Rhoades
04-11-2011, 8:43 PM
Thanks for all of the suggestions I will also go back into my corel and see what I can find. You all have been very helpful.