PDA

View Full Version : Cleaner Air In The Shop Now

Jim Ketron
01-30-2005, 7:42 PM
After reading all the bad things that come from wood dust and having to blow my nose and seeing all the crap that come out after working in the wood shop:eek: I decided to build 2 air cleaners and put them in opposite corners (why 2 you ask) The way I look at it if i can keep the air curculating intsed of blowing in one direction it will pick up more dust! I know that they wont get all of it but every little bit helps!;)
All the materials came from jobsites that was going to the dump the blowers are doubble fans and came from a heat and air unit. I used 3/4 plywood for the carcus all thread rod and unastrut to hang it.

There are plenty of ways to wire them up and this is how I did mine.
While I was building my shop I wired for them installed a switch and a timer switch located at the exit door. I can run both cleaners at the same time with the switch or as im leaving the shop I can use the timer and cut the reg wall switch off for up to 60 min. the air cleaners have 3 speed switches with off on them, so if I want I can run them at a diff speeds and also cut one off if not needed!
I used pleated disposable filters for the inner filter and washable hogs hair for the outter filter I have 2 back up hogs hair filters so when they need cleaning I don't have any down time waiting for them to dry.
I used the biggest filters that most stores carry 20"x30" i could have made them a lot smaller but I think the bigger ones will last longer (more surface area)
So I hope to keep most of that nasty dust form intering my lungs
I also orderd the Trend Airshield but its on backorder:mad:
Jim Ketron