PDA

View Full Version : tablesaw router table

Jeff criss
04-10-2011, 9:47 AM
Hello everyone, been lurking for a bit , but this is my first post. Not sure if I want a router or just an extension for my Grizzly G0715P Table saw. I already have a router table(not the best, but it works) but its always nice to have an extra.Or do you guys think it would just be a pain in the a$$. However, my question is….............How do I bolt the table down? Will I have to drill holes in the rails? Thats what I figured I would do, but i dont wanna start drilling holes in my rails to later find out that I didn’t have too. Does anyone know of any good websites or have pictures for ideas. I browsed the website and did find a few, but more is better. Thanks!!!!!!

-Jeff

Ruhi Arslan
04-10-2011, 9:53 AM
Let me be the first one to welcome you.
I have a router table table attached to my table saw too but I have Incra rails so I didn't have to drill or even physically secure the router table directly. It just sits in between the rails on L brackets which came with the router table top.
I don't see the harm on drilling on your rails though even if you end up not using those rails.

Harvey Pascoe
04-10-2011, 10:00 AM
Due to limited space, I have most my machines clustered around my table saw extension (except the router table) but nothing interferes with it. The machine island is a workable idea if you do it right. You may find that you rely on the router table more and more and most enthusiasts start with homemade junk and then keep trying to upgrade it until they finally realize they need a good one. Mine is shop built cabinet on casters and gets pushed into a corner when not in use, or even rolled outside. I think you'll find that the less that interferes with your TS, the better.

Contrary to what you may now think, router tables need quality and precision to turn out good work. It took me a while to figure that out too.

Ruhi Arslan
04-10-2011, 10:16 AM
I think you'll find that the less that interferes with your TS, the better.
Jeff,
As Harvey said router table on your table saw gets on the way time to time. I didn't mention on my earlier post, since you were only asking how to mount not whether you should mount it on table saw or not, I am thinking to separate the router from table saw. My motivation was to utilize Incra fence system for both table saw and router table besides the limited space.

Chip Lindley
04-10-2011, 11:28 AM
Jeff, do a search here for "router table saw" and you should have reading to do up until 2012.