PDA

View Full Version : Do LV blades fit LN planes?

Kent A Bathurst
04-10-2011, 9:45 AM
This is not a question on planes themselves - neither brand nor BD v. BU - no need to start that all over again :p. This is a technical quesiton on blades.

I have both LN 162 LAS and LN 62 LAJ. Both use 2" x 3/16" blades.

The intractable battle v. QSWO would benefit from expanding the weapons technology available to me, so I am strongly considering a 38* blade for the LAS and a toothed blade for the LAJ.

The LV LAS uses 2" x 3/16" blades. They offer both a 38* and a toothed blade, for slightly over 50% of the price from LN. I have both LN and LV planes, so I know the quality of both is excellent, and obviously price is not my sole driver - but 50 bucks is 50 bucks.

Will the LV LAS blade work in the LN LAS?

Will the LV LAS blade work in the LN LAJ?

Gratzi

lowell holmes
04-10-2011, 10:03 AM
I think they use different blade adjustment schemes. The LN planes have a slot in the blade and LV has a small hole in the blade for adjustment.

Kent A Bathurst
04-10-2011, 11:32 AM
I think they use different blade adjustment schemes. The LN planes have a slot in the blade and LV has a small hole in the blade for adjustment.

That's both what I was wondering, and what I kinda figured........couldn't see why those two would have similar designs in this genre, nor interchangeable irons.....but thought I'd ask the question.

Thanks, Lowell