PDA

View Full Version : twillusa

Dusan Demko
04-10-2011, 3:12 AM
Hi everyone,
I would like buy Twill Metallic PSA from Twillusa. What is difference between Twill Metallic PSA and Twill Metallic PSA PERMANENT ? Thanks and sorry for my english.

Larry Bratton
04-10-2011, 10:49 AM
Dusan:
I think you need to be posting this question in another forum. That product is related to apparel decoration. This forum is for laser engravers. I can't post the link here, but I suggest one for t-shirts and garment related.

Ruben Salcedo
04-10-2011, 11:17 AM
Larry,
you are right, it is for apparel decoration, but... it is related with laser engravers, the material she is referring to needs to be cut with a laser.

Ruben

Ruben Salcedo
04-10-2011, 11:29 AM
Dusan,

Metallic PSA (Pressure Sensitive Application), which has a low tack adhesive usually is use to keep it in place temporarily, usually this are stitch with an embroidery machine, Metallic PSA Permanent, this has a PERMANENT adhesive that sets by heat, with this stitching is not need it, you apply it with a heat press and the end result is a permanent application.

Ruben

Larry Bratton
04-10-2011, 11:57 AM
Larry,
you are right, it is for apparel decoration, but... it is related with laser engravers, the material she is referring to needs to be cut with a laser.

Ruben

Thanks for setting me straight there Rubin. I see that product can and probably should be laser cut.

Ron Thompson
04-13-2011, 1:14 AM
I've used alot of the PSA Perm from Twill USA and love it.

Ron Thompson

Ron Thompson
04-13-2011, 1:42 AM
These two photos are done with Twill USA products, PSA Permanent that was cut on our Epilog then heat pressed on to the sweatshirts.

Ron

Steve Clarkson
04-13-2011, 6:45 AM
Ron......does the Twill product compete with embroidery or does it compliment it? In other words, is it something that you could market to embroidery companies or are they going to say....no, I can make it better, cheaper, faster?

Frank Corker
04-13-2011, 7:29 AM
Great job Ron, who's that handsome young model that you used for the photos?

Ron Thompson
04-14-2011, 12:51 AM
Steve,

We have a Epilog 45 watt mini and 3 Melco Amaya embroidery machines. If you look at the photos, and if I were to embroider that design the number of stitches would run the cost up to around $100 for the sweatshirt, plus it takes alot of time to stitch out a large design. (remember how thin a thread is) Now if I use the twill instead of stitching, the same sweatshirt will run around $40.00.

The Sports Twill comes in PSA and PSA PERM. The PSA would be used if I wanted to stitch a border as a outline around the logo. That's called an applique. An the adhesive will hold the twill long enough to tack it down with stitches.

If you use the PSA PERM, you just cut it on your laser and then heat press it to your garmet. It will not come off.

The cool thing to do is do a two color design. Take the clear backing off of you darkest color, smooth it over the base color. Then laser it with two power settings (vector - no raster). One to only cut through the top layer and a second to cut throuh both layers at the same time. Then weed out the top color and heat press it on your garmet.

Steve, try it, you can order a yard of two different colors for around $12.00 all you need is a heat press and your all set.

Ron Thompson

Ron Thompson
04-14-2011, 12:52 AM
Thanks Frank,

I use this guy alot. He works cheap.

Ron Thompson

Ron Thompson
04-14-2011, 3:42 AM
Steve,

Here's a link so you can see the process.

http://www.epiloglaser.com/sc_fabric.htm

Also another photo.

Hope this helps.

Ron

Steve Clarkson
04-14-2011, 8:05 AM
Thanks Ron........you answered my question.....I'll give it a shot.

Terry Swift
04-15-2011, 1:56 AM
The folks at TwillUSA are very helpful and will give you generic laser settings for single, double, and triple ply. I have an upcoming job and was asked about doing layers; as it would eliminate lining everything up afterwards. Now its cut & press.:):) I'm looking more and more into Twill / Applique and lasering apparel as that seems to be the new hot thing - especially the performance wear (darker colors) and fleece (blankets, car mats, apparel, etc.). Check out Colorado Timberline for all their laser offerings.

Dusan Demko
04-15-2011, 5:49 AM
Thanks all. Present for you.191529191530191531