PDA

View Full Version : Ask This Old House mobile workbench

Lee Schierer
04-09-2011, 9:05 PM
At the end of a recent show Kevin and Tom were showing off their new Ask This Old House Workshop. The demonstrated and adjustable height mobile woodworking bench. I went to their site, but their search function didn't seem to be working and I could not locate the manufacturer of that workbench. Anyone know who makes it?

Jim Rimmer
04-09-2011, 10:13 PM
Can't answer your question but I saw that episode today. Could have been a rerun. Anyway, I noticed the work bench and my thought was that it looked like it would take two people to adjust the height.

Just found this: http://hardwareaisle.thisoldhouse.com/2010/10/meet-the-adjust-a-bench-from-the-season-premiere-of-ask-this-old-house.html

Dave MacArthur
04-10-2011, 2:28 AM
Noden Adjust-a-bench. There are several threads on them here, apparently the adjustable height legs are no where near as rickety as they look. I recall reading from someone that it was rock-solid actually. I'm thinking it was one of the mods that had one, but do a search for that and you'll find some threads.

Norman Hitt
04-10-2011, 5:01 AM
Noden Adjust-a-bench. There are several threads on them here, apparently the adjustable height legs are no where near as rickety as they look. I recall reading from someone that it was rock-solid actually. I'm thinking it was one of the mods that had one, but do a search for that and you'll find some threads.

IIRC, Jim Becker has one.

Jim Heffner
04-10-2011, 1:07 PM
I was wondering about that bench when I saw the show also. I did a little digging in my stack of woodworking magazines, and came up with the one I think is the same one.It appeared in the "American Woodworker" magazine on page #48 written by Tom Caspar. The bench is named
Noden Adjust A Bench, (leg set, $430.00 + $50.00 S&H. from the company) you build the bench
to your specs or use their featured plan and diagram. Hope this helps...........