PDA

View Full Version : Some tests with color

Lionel Mercier
04-09-2011, 12:44 PM
I have a few logs of chestnut, so I try various effects.
For form, it's dug from the bottom, off-axis for drilling and turning of the neck;
For color, the green is ink tinted then light marked with iridescent pencil and then ending with Verdigris (Liberon)
Orange dyed with very diluted ink
Have fun with your turnings
Lionel.

Bernie Weishapl
04-09-2011, 3:28 PM
Lionel those look good. Really nicely done vases.

John Keeton
04-09-2011, 3:44 PM
Lionel, you do some really interesting forms! The chestnut looks so much different than our American chestnut, and for that matter, the Chinese chestnut.

Jim Burr
04-09-2011, 3:56 PM
I'm not sold on them Lionel, but I think you are really on to something...it could just be that I'm part red-neck and that's upper end stuff!

David E Keller
04-09-2011, 6:41 PM
I like the fact that the forms are unique and not symmetrical. I must admit that the second photo of the green one looks a bit, well, um, phallic.:o

I always look forward to seeing your posts... You have a very unique style that I find appealing.

Steve Schlumpf
04-09-2011, 8:02 PM
Lionel - I think your use of color works and works very well! Sure adds something different to a turning!

Very unique forms! Always a pleasure to view your work!

Baxter Smith
04-09-2011, 11:15 PM
Those are very different yet interesting forms Lionel. Between the colors and the forms they remind me of something that one might make out of modeling clay.

John Hart
04-10-2011, 7:12 AM
Nicely done Lionel. I like them all. I imagine that technique is everything with these. Lot's of impovisation I expect.

Cheryl A. Prince
04-10-2011, 8:21 AM
Lionel, I really enjoy these off center pieces! I think they really make people stop and take a second look. Your experimentation with color may lead you down some very interesting paths. Is there a tutorial somewhere that describes how to turn and hollow these fun, lopsided shapes? Keep playing and experimenting!