PDA

View Full Version : FireSteel Handle

Tim Thiebaut
04-09-2011, 7:51 AM
I had a custom knife made last year and the guy I had make it sent me a small piece of wood that he made the scales out of so that I could make my own firesteel handle, I finaly got around to turning it this past month, they are made from stablized birch.

I actauly have some folks on an outdoor/camping forum I belong to that want to buy some of these from me so I am working on a batch of 8 others I will post when done next week some time.

Steve Schlumpf
04-09-2011, 9:57 AM
Tim - nice work on the handle - and the photos! Congrats on your sales! Looking forward to seeing the completed sets!

Gary Conklin
04-09-2011, 10:16 AM
Nicely done. That Damscus steel in the knife is great, is it Daryl Meier? Who was the knifemaker?

Tim Thiebaut
04-09-2011, 12:06 PM
Thanks guys.

Gary - The knife is made by Paul Moore, here is his site...if you go into the photo gallery then go to "Neck Knifes" you will see my knife is the top left picture, it is a one of a kind...he photos everything before sending them off to their new homes.

http://pmooreknives.webs.com/

John Keeton
04-09-2011, 3:35 PM
Tim, sure makes a nice set!! Beautiful burl - and, the knife is super nice!

Joshua Dinerstein
04-12-2011, 6:35 PM
So is that blade made out of wootz steel? That is awesome looking. And the handles are both excellent. Very nice!

Joshua

Tim Thiebaut
04-12-2011, 6:41 PM
Hi Joshua, it is Damascus, I have never even heard of wootz before...I did just go look it up now that you mentioned it, but have never heard about that before reading this. and thanks for the nice comment! Tim

John Hart
04-12-2011, 7:50 PM
Too Cool, Tim.

And those are some fine pictures!