PDA

View Full Version : How many types of Garamond are there??

Barb Macdonald
04-08-2011, 4:39 PM
Okay, how is this possible? I made some lamicoids, using Garamond. Many months later, after a computer expiry and re-load, the file shows a Garamond that is not the same as the sample sent back to me by my wonderful customer. I made the darned thing. The type isn't exactly the same..

I tried to edit the title, I KnoW how many FontTypes there are, we have a few gazillion ourselves. I backed up ALL my fonts before the crash, but some of them are so old, they are really hard to look through, because their font name is all gobbledeegook.

Tried Garamond, and OriginalGaramond. Not. I have Corelx3, on windows XP. anyone that sends me a winning font, I will make a new donation to SMC. OH, wait a minute, sorry, no, can't afford it.

New tube is looming.
Thanks in advance to any who respond.

Chuck Stone
04-08-2011, 5:06 PM
if you reloaded everything, is there a chance you didn't activate some of the font types?

Mike Chance in Iowa
04-08-2011, 8:56 PM
A sample image would be great. It's hard to help without seeing the text. :)

Doug Griffith
04-08-2011, 9:08 PM
I know of ITC Garamond, Adobe Garamond and Monotype Garamond. I'm sure there are a bunch of knock offs out there as well.

Mike Null
04-09-2011, 7:09 AM
Barbara

Corel may not have been the source of the font you previously used. Check the other software discs you've loaded on your computer. There's a good chance that the font came with one of them.