PDA

View Full Version : Auto Focus

janko cervencik
01-30-2005, 12:50 PM
Hello

I have problem with Auto Focus.I do have Pinnacle M25 laser.

First I couldnt move my working table up or use the auto focus.The table could go only down.
After i checked my "manual" I noticed that the "focus pin" was stocked with grease.I clean up the pin, check connection and cable.And then I could use the auto focus.But when the pin touched the material, then didnt move to proper distance from the material(move maybe 2mm)

Can enybody tell me whats wrong or what I'm doing wrong?
Thanks Janko

George M. Perzel
01-30-2005, 1:39 PM
Hi Janko;
Clean the pin again and make sure it springs back when you press it. If it retracts slowly you still have some dirt in it. Clean this often as it gets clogged up pretty fast.
If all is Ok, go thru the focus set up by pressing "function" and then step forward to the Focus screen. Select the proper lens setting for the lens you are using.
Good Luck

Rob Glasco
01-31-2005, 10:44 AM
When we clean our machines I get a cotton ball and soak in alcohol, wrap around the pin and move the pin up and down a few times. if you have gone a real long time with out cleaning it may be damaged, I will call you and get your info and send you a new one anyway, no charge.

Rob

Rodne Gold
02-01-2005, 12:08 AM
There is also a limit switch on the left hand side of the machine , a small microswitch that stops the table rising too far , check that the table isnt switching that as it depresses the focus probe.(especially if using very thin material) Your focus probe could be bent as well. We had a lot of problems with our focus probes on the mercury not in terms of the probe itself but the ribbon cable from head was cracking , eventually we bypassed the ribbon cable (At least thats what I remember , we now use explorers)