PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 64 bit and Epilog problems

bruce edwards
04-07-2011, 3:05 AM
I got everything all set up. Installed the 64 bit drivers on my laptop. Created a simple design in Corel and set up the printing preferences using the Epilog dashboard...followed the Epilog manual...clicked "print"...nothing. Reinstalled drivers...same result. NO JOB FOUND is the message on the laser. I can't get the laser to do anything. I read other posts about 64 bit and Windows 7 and people seem to have at least some success with the combination. I got the latest drivers from Epilogs site also. Any ideas? Or do I now have to go buy 32 bit windows? :confused::confused::confused: Thank you

Frank Corker
04-07-2011, 4:11 AM
It sounds like your computer isn't acknowledging the printer ports. If it is an ethernet connection, the computer needs to be assigned accordingly. Updated manuals can be found http://www.epiloglaser.com/laser_manuals.htm and there should be a detailed outline of how you would go about it.

John Noell
04-07-2011, 3:25 PM
AFAIK, if you pay for Win7 you can use either the 32 bit or 64 bit version. The codes are the same (albeit different by version: Home, Pro, Ultimate). In the retail version I got (cheap - from the Microsoft Store because my son was working for MS:)), both the 64 bit and 32 bit DVDs were included. While I had MASSIVE problems with the 64 bit driver, installation was not one of them. Frank's advice is good (as usual).

Dan Hintz
04-07-2011, 5:12 PM
Yes, but you can choose only one of them to run with your activation code...

Greg Bednar
04-07-2011, 5:53 PM
Anthony Scira had a post back a while which I used to help in my setup on my local network. Perhaps it will help you. It can be found here http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?101850-laser-not-getting-job&p=1033017#post1033017

I have been using Windows Vista 64 bit Home Premium Edition and my jobs make it to the Laser. It did give me grief to setup at first, and I do believe Epilog put out a notice on Windows 7 and how to set up the laser. That link, escapes me but probably can be found at Epilog Laser in their tech section.

rich shepard
04-07-2011, 8:40 PM
hi Bruce know your pain. I have spend hours with epilog tech to get widows 7 to send a job to the laser. My old Puter had a hard drive crash so had to go to 7 on the new one. Never did get it to work and have tried 2 computers with 7 on them. My fix was to get a referbed machine with XP on it on ebay, problem sloved.
rich

Joe De Medeiros
04-08-2011, 9:44 AM
hi Bruce know your pain. I have spend hours with epilog tech to get widows 7 to send a job to the laser. My old Puter had a hard drive crash so had to go to 7 on the new one. Never did get it to work and have tried 2 computers with 7 on them. My fix was to get a referbed machine with XP on it on ebay, problem sloved.
rich

It works fine with windows 7 x32 bit. windows 7 x64 is not completely there with drivers, and not just epilogs, I have an 11x17 hp printer that won't work with x64, but works fine with x32.

Joe De Medeiros
04-08-2011, 9:53 AM
Yes, but you can choose only one of them to run with your activation code...

Dan, I had this problem so I called the activation line, and I explained it was the same machine they gave me an activation code for x32.

Dan Hintz
04-08-2011, 10:51 AM
Dan, I had this problem so I called the activation line, and I explained it was the same machine they gave me an activation code for x32.
Yep, same machine is fine, and it's no different than putting in a new MB and calling MS. But trying to run both a 32- and a 64-bit copy on different machines with the same code will eventually leave you high and dry when you go to update them.