PDA

View Full Version : Revenge of the Cat

Stefan Antwarg
01-30-2005, 9:03 AM
Most people who have animals seem to have dogs. But us cat owners need a place to gloat as well.
Here is Sebastian:

Karl Laustrup
01-30-2005, 9:06 AM
Thanks, Stefan.

We're a cat family also. 3 of them. It is such a pleasure to be "OWNED" by cats. :D

Rob Russell
01-30-2005, 10:37 AM
Here's where our cat spends most of the winter. Sometimes we wonder what the spontaneous combustion point of fur is, he gets so hot. :)

Jerry Olexa
01-30-2005, 10:56 AM
Here's where our cat spends most of the winter. Sometimes we wonder what the spontaneous combustion point of fur is, he gets so hot. :) Hey Rob. Smart cat . Is that a Vermont Casting stove? Looks like same one I had in my cabin.(Resolute I believe) At times in winter, I had to open doors to let in cooler air. It was very efficient..

Jerry Olexa
01-30-2005, 10:58 AM
Most people who have animals seem to have dogs. But us cat owners need a place to gloat as well.
Here is Sebastian: Great pics of a good looking cat...

Ken Garlock
01-30-2005, 11:18 AM
Karl, Rob, nice looking kitties. Thanks for posting....

As I write this, I have our Abby, Bob, in my lap purring up a storm :)

Cat or dog, they become members of the family. :cool:

Jim Becker
01-30-2005, 11:28 AM
"Meow" (Sounds more like "screech" or "hello"...)

Rob Russell
01-30-2005, 12:27 PM
Hey Rob. Smart cat . Is that a Vermont Casting stove? Looks like same one I had in my cabin.(Resolute I believe) At times in winter, I had to open doors to let in cooler air. It was very efficient..

Jerry,

It is a Vermont Castings, but the Vigilant model (larger than the Resolute and Intrepid, smaller than the Defiant). It has the catalytic converter on the back, but the catalyst is used up and I need to get that replaced.

Rob

Jim Becker
01-30-2005, 12:31 PM
JIt has the catalytic converter on the back, but the catalyst is used up and I need to get that replaced.
Rob, Lehmans in Ohio was able to supply me a replacement catylist for my Encore from a third party for about half the price of the OEM unit...with a 5 or 6 year warranty, too. (I forget the specific term right now) The new catylist has made a huge difference in the performance of our stove. In fact, I think that the original one was cracked in shippment of the stove which would account for how "disintegrated" it was when I changed it out a couple months ago.

Doug Shepard
01-30-2005, 4:01 PM
I've always thought orange tabby's looked pretty cool. You've got a winner there.Here's my babies. Callie is a shelter rescue going on about 5 years with me. PK (Porch Kitty) is a neighborhood stray that started hanging around about 3 yrs ago and adopted me. That's what happens when you start feeding them and building them an outdoor heated house. My dog China (another shelter rescue) is the one in my Avatar pic.

Lloyd Frisbee
01-30-2005, 11:35 PM
Here is our shop cat. Aren't I cute laying the sanding dust?

http://www.frisbee.org/pooter.jpg

Bill Arnold
01-31-2005, 2:42 AM
OK, my turn. These are the critters that allow us to share their house.

Doug Shepard
02-03-2005, 12:33 PM
Couldn't resist sharing this. My sister emailed me this link this morning.
http://screenclean.j1media.com/lick.html

Jeff Sudmeier
02-03-2005, 1:41 PM
I have a house/shop cat too! Her name is Leeland. She is a shop cat when she sneaks out of the house!

Tom Hintz
02-03-2005, 2:57 PM
Take a look at the link below for just how crazy having a cat can make a woodworker with a new lathe.....

http://www.newwoodworker.com/kittycondo.html