PDA

View Full Version : Who's Brevity?

John Coloccia
04-06-2011, 5:38 PM
...and why are we always doing stuff for her? I mean, seriously, isn't a wife and a dog enough? If she doesn't have time to listen to me or read what I write, she can edit her own darn stuff. I have enough to do.

W Craig Wilson
04-09-2011, 8:10 AM
agreed

(HA! I was trying to be clever but got an error message: "The message you have ntered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least ten characters.")

Kent A Bathurst
04-09-2011, 8:30 AM
"Eschew verbiage."
- Samuel Clemens

Ken Fitzgerald
04-09-2011, 8:39 AM
agreed

(HA! I was trying to be clever but got an error message: "The message you have ntered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least ten characters.")

The software is setup to not allow Brevity to have influence here.:eek::confused::D

David Epperson
04-09-2011, 8:47 AM
Brevity is probably related to that Will that no one likes and everyone wants to Fire At. You always hear that people say "Fire At Will" but no one ever explains what he did.
Right up there with finding the ANY key on the computer.

Dave Anderson NH
04-09-2011, 4:18 PM
Brevity died and was buried at the same time as Common Sense.

Ken Fitzgerald
04-09-2011, 4:28 PM
Why do we drive on a Parkway and park on a Driveway?

Douglas Clark
04-09-2011, 6:49 PM
but for the sake of Clarity, let me say this:

While eschewing mediocrity of expression through platitudinous phraseology, it behooves one to beware of ponderosity and to be mindful that pedantry, being indicative of an inherent megalomania, frustrates its own aim and results mainly in obnubilation. :rolleyes:

is that brief enough for ya?!

John Coloccia
04-09-2011, 6:51 PM
Brevity died and was buried at the same time as Common Sense.

but for the sake of Clarity, let me say this:

While eschewing mediocrity of expression through platitudinous phraseology, it behooves one to beware of ponderosity and to be mindful that pedantry, being indicative of an inherent megalomania, frustrates its own aim and results mainly in obnubilation. :rolleyes:

is that brief enough for ya?!

Clarity appears to be on life support....

Caspar Hauser
04-10-2011, 8:42 AM
Clarity appears to be on life support....

along with Pith.

Belinda Barfield
04-11-2011, 1:20 PM
I don't really keep up with this stuff, but I thought Brevity married Expediency after she divorced Longevity on Y & R.

Roger Newby
04-11-2011, 3:34 PM
Brevity was bought by Rdrs Dgst

Douglas Clark
04-11-2011, 3:39 PM
Roger, you've clearly only told the condensed version of that story, I'm sure there was more to it than that!

Bill Edwards(2)
04-12-2011, 10:23 AM
Why do we drive on a Parkway and park on a Driveway?

Someone switched the signs??

Bill Edwards(2)
04-12-2011, 10:28 AM
If brevity is important, shouldn't it be abbreviated?

(but how do you abbreviate 'it'?)

alan whitehead
04-16-2011, 9:04 AM
Brevity- I looked the word up in the dictionary to see what it meant.. It appears Joe Bidden wished the last speech he attended would have been shorter as he fell asleep during it.
I have listened to many orators that put me to sleep or my mind wandered elsewhere.

alan