PDA

View Full Version : Stink Graphics

Dean Fowell
04-06-2011, 5:25 PM
Hey All,

I have these small parts they company has sent me the graphics and they are shocking, but guess what they sent it tom umm at 8 pm last night and they need to be in new york tomorrow for investors to look at, they look fine its for a prototype but I am going to tell them to let me do the graphics, and just pay the fee, that is my vent over do you tell your customers that you will do the graphic? if theirs is not good and charge them ?

:eek:

Dee Gallo
04-06-2011, 6:01 PM
Dean,

First of all, BREATHE! It's not your deadline that someone missed and not your responsibility to meet it. Second, I would never do a job with bad graphics which will only reflect badly on your company. Third, I would not only charge them for the graphic do-over but also a rush charge if that's what they want. If they don't like it, let them do their own job better next time. I would never enable that kind of customer, it only gives them an excuse to do it every time.

And if a job is so stressful that it makes you forget to use punctuation, it is already a bad proposition.

That's my two cents, dee

AL Ursich
04-06-2011, 6:42 PM
Laser this sign and place it at the door....

"Poor Planning on YOUR part does not constitute and Emergency on MY part"

This one is fun too....

Labor Rates:

$100.00 per hour

$175.00 per hour if you help

$300.00 per hour if you Laugh....

AL

Chuck Stone
04-06-2011, 7:15 PM
And if a job is so stressful that it makes you forget to use punctuation, it is already a bad proposition.

Thanks for making my coffee come out of my nose

Dee Gallo
04-06-2011, 7:21 PM
Thanks for making my coffee come out of my nose

My pleasure?

Greg Bednar
04-06-2011, 7:40 PM
Hey All,

they sent it tom umm at 8 pm last night and they need to be in new york tomorrow

YHGTBKM!! ( You have got to be [expletive deleted] kidding me )

Dan Ashlin
04-06-2011, 9:04 PM
Don't let it bug you, just charge for it. Its basically free money since theres no real cost involved other than time. I spent 5 years as a graphic designer and now 2 years running a laser engravingbusiness/design firm. I have been sent acceptable truly camera ready graphics maybe 5 times. It's the nature of the beast, people have no idea how much work actually goes into something like that. Especially if they watch you do it and you make it look easy lol.

Robert Walters
04-06-2011, 10:09 PM
Labor Rates:

$100.00 per hour

$175.00 per hour if you help

$300.00 per hour if you Laugh....

Al,

I'm not sure what's so funny about that as a sign, I have that in the TOS.
Except help is watch, and laugh is help.

In a previous life, I was a locksmith. Went out on a call after hours to open a car with keys locked inside.
Got there, verified ID, took 17 seconds to unlock the car and grab the keys.

They refused to pay because I opened the car so fast, so I tossed the keys back in the car and locked the door.

The look on their faces was priceless. I told them the price is now $300 (2 x $150 lockout), they paid.
I doubt they will refuse to pay anyone ever again for doing what they were paid to do so efficiently.

Customer Service is one thing, customer abuse is another.

Dean Fowell
04-07-2011, 1:13 PM
I did and charged they just said thanks , now i can play

Bill Cunningham
04-07-2011, 9:56 PM
I did and charged they just said thanks , now i can play

Nice to see the comma Dean.. ha..:p

Last week, I had a fellow order a granite plaque with a collage of industrial photos on it, and he needed it for a April 30th presentation, and pre-paid it which gave me lots of time.. After the usual 3-4 days of of back and forth emails finalizing the design, he sent me a email saying he made an error, and he actually needed it for 'March' 30th. (in two days) I told him there was no possible way. I didn't even have the stone yet, and I would send him a printable .pdf that he could print out on a nice glossy photo paper and use that for the presentation, the 'real' one will follow and I shipped it out on the 4th of April. I had another fellow drop me off 3 cases of wine which he needed etched for a special dinner in 48 hours. I did it, but he paid dearly.. ALWAYS add the PITA fee. Your time is worth every penny.:).