PDA

View Full Version : D4r

Don L Johnson
04-06-2011, 11:34 AM
I recently purchased a used D4R, but it did not come with the bridge piece so you can do sliding dovetails. I saw on the Leigh website that it can be purchased, but it appeared to be individually cut small pieces, whereas the sliding dovetail video showed a solid piece. I assume the bridge piece is need, and will check to see if it comes in a solid length; any recommendations on use and/or need? Thanks,

Philip Rodriquez
04-07-2011, 10:31 AM
Don,
The small pieces are for doing HB DT's. You will need the solid metal piece that spans the entire length of the jig. With that said, I've never used mine as I do all of my sliding DT's on the router table.

Charles Lent
04-07-2011, 11:40 AM
The D4R comes with a 24" long black plastic piece that is used when making sliding dovetails. Leigh stopped providing the aluminum bar that was provided on earlier versions of the jig. The plastic version is made of the same material as the short pieces (which were originally 24" long) that are cut to bridge between the fingers to keep the router from going into the space between them where you don't want to cut. You should be able to get a replacement from any Leigh Jig dealer or from the factory.

Charley