PDA

View Full Version : Band Saw Advice...

Vincent Lofton
04-06-2011, 9:56 AM
Hello, I am interested in buying a good medium sized band saw. I have read that on occasion some of you happen on a really good deal from Woodcraft or Highland. Is there a certain time of the year time that these (or any other) companies run good sales for band saws? I'm in the market for a Rikon 16 or maybe 18 inch. Also, I could possible be interested in a good used saw. If anyone runs across a used Rikon, Laguna, or something equivalent in the Texas area I would be very much interested. Thanks and I love this forum!

Stirling

Todd Bin
04-06-2011, 11:00 AM
By medium sized I think you mean a 36" MiniMax. :) You do live in Texas after all.

Jim Rimmer
04-06-2011, 1:07 PM
Before you buy, search this site for a post by Van Huskey titled "Let's Talk Bandsaws" and read it. Lots of good information. Also, you might want to get Mark Duginske's book http://www.amazon.com/New-Complete-Guide-Band-Saw/dp/1565233182/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1302109486&sr=1-3

And, welcome to the Creek. If you get information here that you think is worth $6, consider being a contributor.