PDA

View Full Version : Other small gloat

Joe Shinall
04-05-2011, 10:58 PM
I picked up my G1066 24" drum sander last week for $700. It's in really great shape and it comes with the heavy duty Shop Fox mobile base and the hook and loop conversion kit. As well as 6 brand new rolls of paper. Haven't fired it up yet except for at the guys house I bought it from.

I also got my 15" Byrd Shelix cutterhead for my Grizzly planer. This will go in this weekend. I bought it with my bandsaw with the %10 coupon. Now, besides a shaper, I finally have the shop that I want. Well, at least the equipment, the shop could be bigger :rolleyes:

Kurt Cady
04-06-2011, 10:18 PM
I'll bite. That sounds like a pretty good deal!!

Joe Shinall
04-06-2011, 11:15 PM
Thanks Kurt. Was beginning to think noone thought it was a good deal. Small market here for used tools so it's a steal as far as I'm concerned. The only other drum sander I have seen on craigslist in this area was an open end delta that they wanted almost new cost for. This is less than %50 new cost so it's a great deal for this area. I'm sure Atlanta or some other large city could have them cheaper all day long.

Aaron Berk
04-06-2011, 11:30 PM
Good score Joe, now I know who my real competition is :D

I'll have to up my A game :cool:

Joe Shinall
04-07-2011, 4:33 PM
Haha! Thanks Aaron. I still owe you that Creeker visit. The baby came early as we expected and she's been taking up so much of my time. How is your shop coming?

Aaron Berk
04-08-2011, 12:54 AM
The shop got canned :o

We've decided to work on moving instead ;)

Congrats on the newborn, a little early is nice. Ours all tend to be late, except the 1st she was right on time. Kids are a time sucker for sure (in a good way I think... LOL)

Next time your out near Wilmington Island you need to come by. My wife runs the BEST kids shop around we have a ton of awesome NEW and used things. Just tell the clerk you know me and to give me a call, I'll hook you up:cool:

I'd love to still come by for a visit, especially now that you got some big boy toys in there. And it works both ways, I'm still doing production work out of my garage and would love to show it off.

Joe Shinall
04-08-2011, 2:38 PM
Sounds great Aaron. We will have to stop by your store and check it out.

I'm in the middle of cleaning shops and as soon as I can get it to where I'd be able to show you around I'll let you know.

That sucks about the shop. I did the opposite. Had the house up for sale and couldn't sell it so that's why I built the other shop...