PDA

View Full Version : Golden Era Studios designs

Anthony Welch
04-05-2011, 10:55 PM
Does anyone use any of these sets of sign designs. If so, which particular set
would you recommend if you had to start with one.

Thanks,

Anthony

Mick A Martin
04-06-2011, 2:39 AM
I just ordered 2 of them, Americana and the Centennial collections for making signs.

Mick

Keith Outten
04-06-2011, 10:47 AM
Anthony,

I own both the Americana and the Centennial collections, I purchased them about eighteen months ago.
Great Stuff, the quality of the artwork is second to none.

Anyone interested in a bulk buy, if enough people speak up I would be glad to contact them about a discount for SawMill Creek Members.

Anthony Welch
04-06-2011, 12:03 PM
I'd be interested. There are elements to all that I like personally.

Thanks Keith.

Anthony Welch
04-06-2011, 6:16 PM
After looking back at their site, they have bundled prices.
http://www.goldenstudios.com/commonpages/orderform.html

David Warkentin
04-06-2011, 11:15 PM
Nice signs. Hope to be able to use that art someday...Just gotta build a cnc first.

Kurt Rosenzweig
04-07-2011, 7:31 AM
Count me in Keith. A group buy sounds great!

Keith Outten
04-07-2011, 7:45 AM
I will give them a call this afternoon and let everyone know if we can get a special price for our Members and I will ask about a bulk buy price.

Jim Underwood
04-07-2011, 11:27 AM
What are these files? Bitmap, Vector, or Reliefs? And compatible with what programs?

Gary Malone
04-07-2011, 12:09 PM
Jim I just bought one of the bundled packages and they are installed as a font. On their website there is a free download you can demo to make sure it is compatible with your software. I use Coreldraw and Aspire and they work fine. They can be converted to curves and altered like any other vector graphic.

Keith Outten
04-07-2011, 3:38 PM
Here is the list of file types that are on the Centennial Collection vector files.
There are also fonts on the disk.

Note that I high-lighted the eps and cdr file types.

PC Formats and Applications
Folder Format Applications
CE_AI3 Illustrator 3.0 Illustrator 3.0 & Higher / Most other programs
CE_AI8 Illustrator 8.0 Illustrator 6.0 & Higher / Most other programs
CE_Corel6 CorelDraw! 6.0 Corel apps 6.0 & Higher
CE_Eps3 Encap. Post Script Most graphics programs
CE_GA35 Graphix Advantage Graphics Advantage 3.5 & Higher - Omega
CE_Omega Omega 2 Omega 2.0 or later

MAC Formats and Applications
Folder Format Applications
CE_3 Illustrator 3.0 Illustrator 3.0 & Higher / Most other apps
CE_8 Illustrator 8.0 Illustrator 8.0 & Higher / Most other apps
Mac Users: Files are stored In Adobe Illustrator 3 and also Version 8. Due to the large number of files (over 1100), we broke the files into three folders (1-500, 501-1000, and 1000-1472). Some Mac operating systems cannot display over a certain number of files in a single folder.

Keith Outten
04-07-2011, 3:50 PM
I called and inquired about discounts and the possibility of a bulk buy, I was told that the collections are available with discounts if you purchase multiple collections and there isn't any further price reduction available :(

Anthony Welch
04-07-2011, 8:41 PM
I appreciate you taking your time to try anyway Keith. I do like the designs and hope they
help me in selling nostalgic type signs.

Anthony

Keith Outten
04-08-2011, 7:48 AM
Anthony,

You will enjoy using their vector files. They are modular in that you can take parts from one design and integrate them into another. There are lots of design elements that you can use to build new designs or use to enhance a design you like. The creator of these files took a lot of time and provides true vector art, they aren't bitmaps that have been converted.